Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-16-2001, 07:06 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The Theme file (WWTheme.zip) just finished uploading to my domain. I've tested it, and for better or worse, it's ready to go. Here is the link for downloading:

http://www.wizardrealm.com/download/WWTheme.zip

Directions: After unzipping the file, extract the files to a folder in your C:\Program Files\Plus!\Themes folder (say, WW or Wizwar). You must have Themes.exe installed on your system (through Windows Setup) to be able to run this. Open your Themes settings in Control Panel, browse to the folder you extracted it to, and click on the WWTheme.theme file, then click "OK". It should be academic from that point on.

Although I can pretty well guarantee that the file is virus-free, it's always best to run things through your virus scanner.

The only thing I'm still a little "iffy" on is the screensaver. You may need to play with the settings on it a little bit to get it to run properly. The freebie software I used to create it is really a piece of cr**, but it's the best I could find. The effect when it's running properly, though, is very good. There's upwards of about 30 images that should appear.

If you have troubles with the file or with downloading, let me know at my email address: bignord@mailcity.com

Many thanks to Wyvern, Lily, Moni (especially for one of the Roc shots!), Gauleiter, Balgin, Scronan, and all others who have supported my efforts in creating this. I offer it to you freely.

Warm Regards,

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 07:08 PM   #2
adam mage

kewl! thanks!
Old 01-16-2001, 07:23 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Forgot to mention...it's a 3.0 MB download, heheh...that screensaver is pretty big.

If it's too big for you, let me know and I'll make a smaller theme file sans screensaver. BTW, the screensaver _is_ working fine; it came up and started running on my machine without a problem, so I'm happy.

-Saz
Old 01-16-2001, 07:39 PM   #4
adam mage

thanks for the warning but I'm sure that my computer can spank it into action!
Old 01-16-2001, 10:35 PM   #5
Moni

Going to download as soon as I tell you;
Thank You Very Much For All The Work You Put Into Putting This Together For Us!!!!!

It was my pleasure ( so much so that I actually got excited & SMACKED the PrntScrn key!) to give you the pic of the Roc @ midday!
Thanks Again! You're The Greatest!

: )
Moni
Old 01-16-2001, 10:41 PM   #6
Moni

OUCH! A very bad connection on Juno's "free service" at present has my download time @ 58 min (.9 KB per sec) LOL!
I'll have to beg & plead with my boyfriend to let me on AOL as soon as his game of UT is over!
Can't wait though!
I just may miss Arnold saying Asta La Vista Baby when I empty the recycle bin...NAH!!!
Old 01-16-2001, 11:05 PM   #7
Gauleiter

It's beautiful, Sazerac; brought tears to my eyes (no, not from the beauty; it was after being chastised for murdering my files that I found myself laughing until I cried )
Old 01-17-2001, 12:28 AM   #8
Moni

Its great!! Love the colors!!
I thought my boyfriend was going to choke when we laughed at the Empty Recycle Bin wav! Too cool! Thanks again!

The screensaver would not work on my system (I just set it up recently and have not updated "Microsoft" anything) but I found a link to Virtual Basic Runtime 6 and am upgrading my system from 5 when it is done downloading. : )

For anyone else who needs to upgrade their system to MSVBVM6, the link is:

http://www.uforesources.com/dlldownload.html

You'll download a self-extracting file there that will update your PC's system files.
(File name vbrun60.exe)

Moni
Old 01-17-2001, 01:35 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, Doh! Thanks, Moni! I didn't realize that about the files. Let me make that link interactive:

http://www.uforesources.com/dlldownload.html

If the screensaver won't run, do visit the above link and download the files. Once again, I can make a smaller version without the screensaver for those of you with system constraints. I haven't tested the screensaver on Windows Me, but it will probably work there as well.

And thanks for the great kudos, guys! I'm glad it's such a hit already. There's a few other interesting "voiceovers" other than Elyssia in the Recycle Bin: Gareth and Erathsmedor are definitely in there as well.

Cheers,

Old 01-17-2001, 01:44 AM   #10
Moni

Have experienced the other voices when;
1) the screen saver needed MSVBVM6 and
2) when I was upgrading Microsoft Virtual Basic Runtime.
AND 3) just now when I was trying to reply to this thread & Juno booted me & started up AOL! (Scabban, lol)

Love 'em!!

Moni