Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I just got there, and those Iron machine things are ripping my party to shreds with their throwing axes.

Any suggestions?

ON EDIT: I've played the game on Insane up until this point, and still am. I also have the option (I tested and reloaded) to go with Hjolder (sp?) and start TotLM. Should I maybe do this and power-up?

[ 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Klorox ]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Nah, you should be able to do just fine without heading off to HoW first. I did this fight on Insane at roughly the same point (in terms of average party level) without too much trouble.

The last two posts (mine and Azred's) in this thread have the key information and tactics for taking out the deadly tarnished sentry + fire salamander combo.

Don't be shy about retreating, healing, resting and going back in if you have to.

[ 01-14-2006, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Tarnished Sentries are vulnerable to Chromatic Orb and/or Hold Monster. I don't know if they throw magical axes; if not, try Protection from Normal Missiles.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote