Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #1
S20055
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For Baldur’s Gate II:SOA,

The links are broken to the Baldurdash FixPack v3.61 and the English-Language Game Text Update v1.2.

http://members.rogers.com/mrkevvy/ Gets me to the main site, but the link to fixpack 3.61 http://www.enterprise-f.net/VGiesen...2FixPack361.exe is broken and the link to English-Language Game Text Update v1.2 http://www.enterprise-f.net/VGiesen...extUpdate12.exe is also broken.

Does anyone know of an alternate location where these files can be found? or could maybe email them to me?

Thanks.
Deleted

[ 11-11-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: S20055 ]
S20055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:55 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have just sent an e-mail regarding the matter. Currently, I do not know where you can find an alternative download site, and I only have the ToB Fixpack.

Welcome to the Ironworks Forums regardless.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:59 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

First, welcome to Ironworks Forums, S20055! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

About the Baldurdash Fixpack - get the WeiDU version here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes I had that problem too...if you really want it you could try the Baldurdash Remix Fixpack?
The only prob some people have with it is that it contains roundabout 'cheats' such as bottomless bags of holding and the like and it also makes changes to certain battles and encounters in the game making them tougher and more challenging. Therefore its not really suitable for those who are on their first time round in BG2 however, the program does give u the option to choose what you want to install so you can leave out what u don't like.

Suggestion to Moderators: Why not talk to the Baldurdash creator and see if its possible to make the fixpack avalaible for download here, at the Ironworks website. That way people can get it directly from this site - after all it's almost an unoffical essential for avid BG2-players and would help if the original link went down like it has.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
S20055
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for the Welcome!

In response to Alson and SpiritWarrior, I did download the Weidu version...but decided not to install because of the cheats and also because only a small fraction of the Baldurdash fixes are in the Weidu Pack.

I'm hoping there is file pack-rat out there who has the two files tucked away in their hard drive...okay, and maybe mice live on Pluto.

Well, I'm not ready to give up yet.

Again, Thanks!
Old 11-11-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
S20055
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Individually installed each Baldurdash fix...then tried to install only the English Language portion of the Weidu Remix. I was unable to install the English Language fixpack due to an error with the Weidu Remix. I had the latest SOA patch, etc...

Tried again after a fresh install (after applying the latest patch), same problem.

Does anyone have the two files mentioned at the top of this post, tucked away on their Hard Drive somewhere?
Old 11-11-2002, 08:43 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, but I only got the ToB one, since I play ToB as well. If somebody out there has the SoA Fixpack, please e-mail it to me in a WinZip file so that I can host it along with the ToB one.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:00 PM   #8
jcompton
Elminster

S20055: You should really report the problem you had with the language fix to the BD Remix author, there's a forum link on the download site.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #9
S20055
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did report the error, as well as sending the debug file that was generated. The response directed me to update with the latest patch. However, I already had the latest patch so I'm not sure what help that was. Tried the procedure after uninstalling...with a complete, fresh clean-install and the latest patch and had the same error.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #10
S20055
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finally...

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=018566#000001