Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #41
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Now, listen to an expert
Trust me, you don't want to know where I spent the last few months, but I'm up to date on just about all the little rumors about Harry Potter 5 (it's Order of the Phoenix, yes, which most fans consider to be a secret group created by Dumbledore to fight Voldemort and to have as its members the "old crowd" Dumbledore mentioned at the end of Book 4). I can also offer gossip and crazy theories of any kind, up to who will die when and why. I judge that Dumbledore will die, perhaps in the fight against Voldemort, and probably in the end of book 6. And my character is currently Tom Riddle (don't ask) with Severus Snape (don't ask) and Remus Lupin coming up after.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 12:14 AM   #42
SecretMaster
Apophis

I've been eagerly awaiting the next Harry Potter too. I hope its as big as the last one, and as interesting. But the best book was the 3rd one in my opinion.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:32 PM   #43
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
I've been eagerly awaiting the next Harry Potter too. I hope its as big as the last one, and as interesting. But the best book was the 3rd one in my opinion.
But it was the first one that made me fall in love with the beautiful world of wizards and i do kinda understand Harry's situation [img]smile.gif[/img]
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:16 AM   #44
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I love Harry Potter, too.
I hate having to wait for the next book. Usually I wait until the last book in a series is published before I even start reading the first, but I made the mistake of reading the first four already... Oh well.
I hadn't heard the rumour of Ron going bad. Don't put much faith in it, unless some MAJOR events happen in his life. I had, however, heard the rumours of a major character being killed in this book. I seem to recall that I heard Rowling herself say this. I figure it has to be Dumbledore. If he doesn't die in this book, he will certainly die or be somehow "removed" before the end of the series. I don't say this because I don't like him. I love him. I also feel that he is the only one who might be more powerful than Voldemort. A battle between them would be close, but I do feel that Dumbledore would win. The reason I think he must die, though, has to do with the natural progression of Harry as the hero of the story. For the sake of the usual dramatic conventions, Harry must eventually surpass Dumbledore. At the moment, Dumbledore is serving as a mentor and protector of Harry. For Harry to take his place as the true hero of the story, he will have to stand on his own and do what even Dumbledore cannot. (If Merlin defeated all of Arthur's foes for him, who would be the real hero?) I personally hope that Dumbledore will be incapacitated and not killed. I'd hate to see any of these wonderful characters go...
Old 10-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #45
Grainne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ron turning Bad & betraying HP?!? Surely not?

I always thought that Percy would be more likely to turn bad as he's so driven and desperate to be a success. (probably reading too much into his shallow character!)

As for Dumbledore, I could unfortunately see him die in the attempt to vanquish V'mort. Or possibly Snape since in book 4 I got the impression that V'mort was talking about him when he said that one of his followers had left for ever. Maybe in book 5 we'll have Snape the infiltrator? [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img]

If like me you thought the film tried to remain pretty faithful to the book spare a thought for Richard Harris (Dumbledore)who is battling against cancer.
Rumour has it that the film studio has already found an "unknown" actor who is the image of him to replace him inthe majority of scenes.

Does anyone think Ron and Hermione will end up together? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Grainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 06:55 AM   #46
Moiraine
Anubis

Dumbledore can't win against Voldemort - because Voldemort is Harry's personal nemesis. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #47
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

That's basically what I said. I just used more words. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 06:37 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue> I have heard the rumor of Ron taking on some dark tendencies...but I am sure that it will only be temporary. Maybe Mr. V will use a mind control on Ron to get close to Harry and try to kill him that way. Surely by the end of book seven, we'll see some sort of romance take place...I think it most likely. </font>
Old 10-25-2002, 07:34 PM   #49
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Oh no!!! My sister just now called me and said that he died just last night! I am so sad to hear that...</font>

Link to story

[ 10-25-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:09 PM   #50
Grainne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So sad about Richard Harris!
Wish I hadn't mentioned his illness yesterday.

He was such a great actor & and an incredible character as well, if anyone has ever heard him in an interview you'll know what I mean!

A likeable rogue, and a bit of a hell raiser!!!
Grainne is offline   Reply With Quote