Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If anyone knows of any, please provide a link to them.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Best place to find them is the NWVault
Old 08-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, but they can't give the deep, insightful experience I've come to expect from my fellow IWers.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

The Dreamcatcher series is an oldy but goodie. Ive also heard good things about the Islands of Adventure series. I recently downloaded Corymry nights. It looks promising.
I'm sure there are others, but I forget ATM.

Check the HOF area at NW Vault and read the comment threads on each module's page. This is usually how I decide a piece is worth the DL.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
deadmoney
Dungeon Master

If you don't mind being evil (a blackguard), I liked the Dreams of Destruction series (3 modules total). It does have its twisted moments however. . .
deadmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Look for anything by Adam Miller. He is the creator of more than few award winning modules. ( Type in his name using a Global Search on http://nwvault.ign.com )

Depending on what you are looking for, there are quite a few roleplaying modules out there where picking your sword up is the last thing you want to do in some situations. As well, there are (as would have to be) plenty of almost pure hack and slash style modules which will give even the hardiest fighter a challenge to deal with.

Look for also the word "Celts" (or the phrase "Tales Of Celts") in the name of potential modules, as there is a series all based on Celtic legend that is supposed to be great. Downloaded it myself, but I've never used them. ( here is one of the modules in that series. The rest you should be able to find by using the author's name: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=2055 )

Same thing goes with the (once persistent world based) SubTerra sequenceby Wydraz. I would advise that one just because I like the concept behind it. There are a few modules in this series, so don't play it expecting to be done in an hour or two.

Oh yes, don't forget the ever popular renditions of Diablo - recommended are the Tolitz version and the Mecha-Ice version. Huge, HUGE work done with those two modules. The Tolitz one is NOT recommended for people with dialup, as the files involved in acquiring them are gigantic. If you have dialup, get someone else to download them for you and burn them to disk.

For added flavour and fun, make copies of all your Original Campaign modules. When you do that, put them in a directory called NWOCbackup. (this is in case the program I am about to mention doesn't work.) Then get yourself a copy of the PRC (Player's Resource Consortium) executable file and run it. NOW play the original campaign, but with all the brand new possible character classes made available with the PRC.

The PRC info, website, and downloads can be found here -->>
http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/

Finally, there are PLENTY of modules which have been recreated from the original texts of TSR Inc. Ones such as Curse Of The Azure Bonds, The Gates Of Myth Drannor, and Return to the Caverns of Tsojcanth are some of the many you can find. There are plenty of original homebrews out there, from Mines of Moria (LOTR based) to NWN Angband (based on the original text game) and even versions of Gauntlet. Sometimes the best way to find good modules is to take a leap of faith and try them out.

Angband is here ->>
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=3754

If you lived close by, Sir Degrader, I would just burn my *.Module, *.Hak and my *.Music directories to DVD and send them to you. Would be a lot faster that way. *laughs* But you'll have to go through them all yourself. Good luck to you.

[ 09-12-2005, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote