Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 05:58 AM   #1
Fallagar
Dungeon Master

Greetings,

I've assembled my party as follow:

Male Human Warrior -> Barbarian, SWORD
Female Whiskah Warrior -> Samurai, SWORD
Female Dwarf Priest -> Paladin -> Valkyrie
Female Oomphaz Wizard -> Warlock
Male Pixie Priest -> Monk -> Zenmaster
Male Ratling Rogue -> Ninja -> Assassin

And here are my questions for invest in the weapon skills:

(Note, that the following party members have NO weapon skills. Until now, I've put all points for a better MAGIC and Locks & traps (INT).

Paladin -> mace or pole & staff?
For the beginning I use a Mace +1, bought from the priest guild, but the
"Spear Of Shinwicki" looks very good!
Can I use a shield too if I use a spear?

Monk -> Shall I wait for KUNG FU?
I've given him a Mace +1 & a shield for the start.

Ninja -> Dagger (with a 2nd dagger weapon) or KUNG FU, or both? That's the question
Until now he use a short sword +1 & a dagger.

Warlock -> Wands use the dagger skill, I've wrote so.
Shall I prefer wands OR staffs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's someone who's interesting for the party, all members have entrance for the guilds of Valeia and the attributes for the elite roles, best weapons & armor (Leather +1), write me. I've made a start-up save, when I've left the Village Of Valeia the first time.

Finaly, I hope you've understand my English... it's a little bit start to rust

Fallagar
Fallagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 08:25 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You should allocate somebody for a staff. Reason: Aside the Sword of Mavin, the Staff of Death, which you gain in the Skull castle, is the only weapon that can hit Cet. The staff, as well as the sword, will be upgraded in the Pyramid. In the meantime, there are some usable staves around but most of them only(?) mages can use. Perhaps, your wizard or monk should specialize in staves.
Other weapons: It is a sad truth that only swords, daggers and polearms are worth training in W&W. Swords, and a good ones!, can be found everywhere. Daggers are rather rare: the Assassin's Dagger is, in fact, a quest item which allows one of your characters to become an Assassin, losing the dagger at the same time. Well, check the posts on this forum, many tricks exist around the Assassin's Dagger. Moreover, the Assassin's Dagger can be enchanted. You can also find (i.e., you need not find) a Dagger +2 and a Wizard's Dagger. Both of them are as good as swords.
I have no experience with Kung Fu. Only one note: there exists a Deathstrike trait available in Bushi Dojo that should allow the kung fu figher critical strikes that KILL. The probability of the killing strike should be pretty high - 10%!
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Greetings to you, Fallagar! Well, there are so many choices indeed. I am certain others will have better input, so check back later. As for me, I experimented a LOT! Your magic casters can only use certain weapons, like a staff - so training in that area makes sense. Shinwiki's spear is ok in the beginning, but other weapons are much better later. You can't carry a two handed weapon and a sheild at the same time. Likewise you can't carry two weapons and a shield. So to train in two-handed combat and sheild both for the same character probably won't work out well. You see?? And the Kung Fu will come later too. My advise is to try them out with what you can at first, then train later in the martial arts, etc. Don't switch around the weapons, but the skills. In other words, if your Monk is being trained in pole or mace, keep that training going until they can train in martial arts then train in that. . . in the meantime, see how good they are at hitting with their mace or pole and compare it with their strike skills in kung fu to see which you prefer to use. I can tell you this, it is difficult to give up a good weapon once you are trained well and have blessed it a few times.

Oh and your English is fine! I hope this is helpful. If not, like I said, you will probably get a lot of input and some advise will be more to your liking and better than mine. I am such a "Go-Get-Em" fighter, that I don't spend a lot of time trying to perfect my party's skills. I did finish the game once through and ended up with some fantastic adventurers who posess awesome skills and weapons.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote