Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-31-2001, 03:50 AM   #1
Fallagar
Dungeon Master

Hello again!

To become a real Wizards & Warriors professional don't forget the following:

Books - Don't use _to much_ spellbooks to learn new spells! You'll only get 10 mana-points each. If you learn a spell by level-up it's the result of your spirituality (SPIR = 18 makes 18 points).

Ankhs - To get your stats higher with ankhs or amulets still wait until a result of 18, the MAX of level-up. The MAX of an ankh is 24!

Fallagar
Fallagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:18 AM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good tip about the Ankhs. I have one of my less strong pcs carring about 10 of 'em just waiting for someone to get to 18 to get super (fill in blank). I've got a 11 lvl Paladin/9 level Samuri at 20 str and a 11 lvl Warlock 10 lvl Ninja with Spir of 21! Hehe.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One more tip about Ankhs:

Later in the game, when you get the 7th level spell "Summon Fiend", you can use this to generate more ankhs! You MUST have a character skilled in pickpocket, though.

1) Wait for a monster to attack.

2) Cast "Summon Fiend" on the monster.

3) If you're lucky, you'll get one of the Ice Elementals or Hellspawn demons (the Haleabus-looking critters that are either indigo or red colored). While they're battling the monster, pick their pockets! They almost always carry an ankh (I'd say 3/4 times).

4) Once the battle's over, they wander off and eventually fade away.

Repeat as many times as you wish. I find the Enchanted Isle west of Brimloch Roon is a great place to do this, as it spawns monsters with a HUGE frequency. The Isle of Sands (near the Pyramid) is another good place.

I was able to get my "Chosen One" character up to all stats 24 using this technique on my last play-through, and all the other characters had stats above 20; quite a few at 24.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:14 PM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Something else about Ankhs. Don't use them on the stats you can train in the guilds (Strength for example) until you've maxed them out with guild training, meaning a 20 strength. That way you don't use up more Ankhs than you need to. This can be expensive but it's well worth it. Do you know what kind of damage a Barbarian with a Battle-axe that does 14-36 damage can do with 24 strength? It's insane!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:16 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay...I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but

HOW CAN YOU TRAIN STATS IN GUILDS ABOVE LEVEL 18???

I've never been able to do it! Every time I get to level 18 I'm told I can't train the stat any higher.

Is there a trick?

-Sazerac
Old 05-31-2001, 11:26 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

To train a stat above 18 in a guild, just click on the icon for the stat you want to train, no trick to it! It says that you can't raise _Pick you stat_ any further but in actuality you can. It's just really expensive. 9,000 for 19 and 10000 for 20 if I remember correctly. It's not even a bug. After you hit 20 the icon disappears, as if it were a trait you just got or something.

-Jafin
Old 05-31-2001, 11:27 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Jheez, Jafin! I gotta quit believing everything I read!!!

5 playthroughs through the game and NOW I find this out!

Hey, give yourself a HUGE pat on the back...you taught the Saz-man something!

-Sazerac
Old 05-31-2001, 11:34 PM   #8
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I actually found out about it on accident. I mistakenly clicked on the stat button after it was 18 (I think it was Strength) and it said "The Clan has strengthened ya!" and I went "What?!" I looked at my stats and lo and behold! I had a 19 for strength! I also noticed that I was out of money . A while later I got the strategy guide and it mentioned how to do it in there. I guess it's not totally useless.

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 08:00 AM   #9
Fallagar
Dungeon Master

Unbelievable!!!

Jafin, from now on we want to hear about all your accidents

Saz, 5 playthroughs through the game without an accident? Are you play too carefully? You know the penalty? Be so kind and put it in TIPS section

This innovation belongs to the BEST TIPS thread.

Fallagar
Fallagar is offline   Reply With Quote