Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 09:23 PM   #11
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL TDC i do the same i put it in the mail with rubbish on the letter an let them pay the postage hehe!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Phone sellers (known here as "Telemarketers") suck. I'm so glad I registered my home number on that "Do Not Call" list (US only), but I really need to do the same for my work number. Is the Do Not Call list still in effect, does anyone know? Drives me insane the ringing all day at work, and it's not a client, some seller, usually some phone company too. I'm the only secretary now at my work running the whole show, I just don't need those interruptions. I usually just tell them "nobody's here and I'm just a receptionist with no power" thing LOL "can I take a message?" they always say NO, so that usually works. But now and then I am just pissed and I say "No thanks, sheesh get a real job that doesn't irritate the F*&^ out of people!". Sometimes when I do that (which hasn't been often btw) I get hang-up calls a lot afterwards, telemarketer revenge I guess, so it's best to not piss em off sometimes cause they will make it worse, sigh. I'm thinking of a new technique now. When I answer the phone at work, and it is one of "them", I'll just say "hold please" and then use a fake accent, like I can't understand them and talk gibberish to them in some made up language all of my own. Maybe it will make them give up, and hang up. If not, at least it will be entertaining for me LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 PM   #13
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

I often get my OWN phone company calling me, telling me how me and my family should change to their service. Im like.. uhh... hello...

I AM CURRENTLY USING YOUR SERVICE RIGHT NOW TALKING TO YOU, FOOL.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #14
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
I always found that there is a delay in response between my "hello" and their response. Usually there is some background noise that tells me this is a salesperson. BANG! the phone is replaced.
I do the same thing. You alway hear that pause then I hang up the phone. I am to cheap to get those caller ID things on my phone.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:

Edit: And please DONT edit my post's Larry with your nasty font colors and so on it is even more annoying than the phones, i had to edit my first post back to the normale sheesh and i tink the word "darn" or "damn" can be use some times without any editing from you it only show how angry or annoyied you are and it will not be used more than once in the topic it is a way to show the meaning of your post, i know this is a family forum so i keep it to the minimum and those words are been used all over the forum all the time so if you like to edit them all please go a head then you have a hell of a job!! [/QB]
See your PM.

I am not going to argue about it here.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:39 AM   #16
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
I always found that there is a delay in response between my "hello" and their response. Usually there is some background noise that tells me this is a salesperson. BANG! the phone is replaced.
You have no idea how much fun you are missing by doing this!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #17
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I heard a tape of a comedian once before who turns the tables on telemarketers. He'll make up crazy stories just to confuse them. Like the time he had a call from a carpet cleaning service & tried to make them believe he'd just killed someone & needed to get blood out of the rug. Wish I could remember his name.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We're on the Do Not Call lists for our state and the US national one, but we still get occasional calls. Companies that you have done business with, for instance, are allowed to call and charities.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
We're on the Do Not Call lists for our state and the US national one, but we still get occasional calls. Companies that you have done business with, for instance, are allowed to call and charities.
Don't forget the pretaped political ad that occurs from the same group at least twice a week. There was a news report about people complaining about this particular call, and the guy in charge said something to the effect of "This is the first I ever heard of people complaining about the calls!" He went on to justify himself with his own created proof that since he had never heard of complaints before that it made his sales-pitch calls valid and legal and all that. Does anyone know more about this one?

Anyway, I stopped AT&T calling me to try to get me to switch back when I finally told them that I would turn them in for harrassment since I had previously stated in writing and orally that I refused to do business with them over a personal matter five years ago, and that I would hold them accountable for any unkowing representative of thiers who called me in the future.

They are the only people these days that don't call no more. Like Cloudy said, I still get VISA calls and Home Mortgage lender calls...people who claim that they are allowed to call me. Usually, if the caller ID does not tell me who is calling (not even a number appears sometimes) I refuse to pick up. It is easy. If somebody wants to reach me and they are valid...I have an answering machine and I can call them back. If they do not leave a message...it was not important.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:13 PM   #20
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Don't you guys ever have some fun with them? You know like leaving them on the line for 10 minutes, before coming back to tell them your not in. Afterall, they don't know who you are (as in against your other family members).

There was this advert over here in the UK which had a woman doing this, and putting on christmas music and going for a cup of tea, I think it must have been very annoying for the sales companies, since many people copied her.