Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 04:45 PM   #1
LargusMeans
Welcomed New User

Is there anywhere that you can re-charge your drained magic items???

Thanks
Larg
Old 03-15-2001, 04:53 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

You're probably referring to wands?
Yes there is a great way to do that, some people even consider it a cheat...I say: go and grab it!!
do this:

stock up on potions of Master Thievery. Make your thief drink all of them (pick pocket ability should be around 280-ish). Then sell your wand to a shop and steal it back. It will now have 50 or 100 charges, depending on the type. Of course, if you're rich you can also sell and buy them back again

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-15-2001, 04:53 PM   #3
Raistlin
Manshoon

I never tried it, but rumor has it that if you sell it to a merchant while
it still has one charge you can buy it back recharged. As for some guy who just
rcharges items or a spell that would do the same...I don't think so. Of course even if there was it would probably be just as expensive to do it that way.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-15-2001, 04:54 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well blimey if I haven't gone and forgotten me manners....
Welcome to the board !!!!!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-15-2001, 06:19 PM   #5
LargusMeans
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the quick replys. I was hoping that you could re-charge wands at a wizards tower or something, but the cheat sounds rather cheesy.

Thanks
Larg
Old 03-16-2001, 01:22 AM   #6
deverece
Dungeon Master

What a load of bull, if its a cheat you wouldn't be able to do it without a game editor or setting debug on. Just because something is easy doesn't make it illegal. Recharging a wand should not have to be a mind numbing process. Expensive, maybe ... but not hard.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:09 AM   #7
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

Think this: you sell a magical wand discharged to an rude merchant that don't even know what magic is, and in the another second, he recharged the wand! Ok, it's not a cheat, but is pretty unreal...
Old 03-16-2001, 07:48 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

It's true that you can sell a wand and buy it back recharged. Wand of Cloudkill comes back with 50 charges. I only ever tried pickpocketing once & i had to kill the person I tried it on. This spoilt the 'Limited Wish' spell for me later in the game when I was meant to find him. Crime doesn't pay . Personally I think it's dishonest to pickpocket people especially if you are playing a Lawful Good character.

Largus, welcome to the board
Melusine, I'm not at all 'appy wiv that Cockney accent, you sound like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 03-16-2001).]