Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-02-2000, 12:19 AM   #1
rip.slaughter

Very true the voice behind Jon Irenicus is in fact David Warner.

For those out there who do not know this Actor, below is a link to which you can go to see photos of the man in question. When you see them you will instantly remember who he is!

http://www.geocities.com/baddi_101/photos.html

Old 12-02-2000, 04:58 AM   #2
Lokta

I wondered this the first time Irenicus appeared, and I was still wondering about it after playing through the entire game... but does anyone know, or at least have a guess, as to who did the voice for Irenicus? It sounded very familiar, but I've not been able to place it. I think it's some big-time movie star, but for the life of me I cannot place the voice. The credits don't help, they just list everyone who did any voice for the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this has been bugging me for quite a while.

Old 12-02-2000, 06:02 AM   #3
Armisael

There's actually a couple of posts about this. Apparently Irenicus' voice actor did work on quite a few Warner Bros. cartoons, like Batman. Whoever he is, he has one of the best voices for a villain I've ever heard.

Old 12-02-2000, 07:09 AM   #4
Arachnia Vandriel

I think his biggest part was playing Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI, not that he lasted long in that..

I think he's also played a few baddies in those dodgy afternoon tv movies....he must just have the voice for it

Old 12-02-2000, 08:50 AM   #5
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

David Warner is the voice of Irenicus. He's an excellent character actor who has been around for a long time. At the moment I can only recall a couple of the movies he's been in, but those are "Time Bandits" and "Cross of Iron".

That's one of the things I love about BG2 ... the creators are wise enough to find very talented actors to perform in the game.
Great acting, good scripting, wonderful graphics ... very engaging!