Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #11
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Thanks Skywalker for your lesson in American history - I get it now [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Thanks to some breakdown somewhere between the place where I sit and the IronWorks forum host computer, my earlier post (with my thanks to Skywalker) didn't get through

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 02-05-2004, 09:14 AM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Another (really old) political joke;
Stalin, Khrushchev and Brezhnev were all travelling together in a railway carriage, when unexpectedly the train stopped. Stalin put his head out of the window and shouted, "Shoot the driver!" But the train didn't start moving. Khrushchev then shouted, "Rehabilitate the driver!" But it still didn't move. Brezhnev then said, "Comrades, Comrades, let's draw the curtains, turn on the gramophone and let's pretend we're moving!"
Old 02-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #13
StigTC

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
The Right here will not be amused.

The Left will not admit it is funny.

The rest of us will just kind of snicker (just a little).

Mark

InsaneBane check your PMs.
I kinda belong in the middle, does that mean I can lough like a madman, because I thought it was funny as hell.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #14
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Hmm...this might offend some pro-Bush members here. Don't say I didn't warn you...
I stand warned. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll try to look for a good Democratic joke just to level the field.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #15
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
The Right here will not be amused.

The Left will not admit it is funny.

The rest of us will just kind of snicker (just a little).

Mark

InsaneBane check your PMs.
Now when you got up this morning, did you forsee yourself giving U.S. history lessons to people in various parts of the world?

Thank ye Mr. Skywalker sir.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #16
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Another (really old) political joke;
Stalin, Khrushchev and Brezhnev were all travelling together in a railway carriage, when unexpectedly the train stopped. Stalin put his head out of the window and shouted, "Shoot the driver!" But the train didn't start moving. Khrushchev then shouted, "Rehabilitate the driver!" But it still didn't move. Brezhnev then said, "Comrades, Comrades, let's draw the curtains, turn on the gramophone and let's pretend we're moving!"
Heh. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The American answer would have been to give the engineer a promotion so as not to anger his powerful uncle and then put someone else in the driver's seat.

*Notice how my response was totally non-partisan?
Old 02-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #17
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
I kinda belong in the middle, does that mean I can lough like a madman, because I thought it was funny as hell. [/qb]
Absolutely! I got it in email this morning and it cracked me up. I like helping people laugh when I can and I appreciate the return favor. I can't remember who posted the Sargent Skippy post, but I sent that to everyone I know, just like I spread around this joke. I just can have a warped sense of humor so I have to be careful not to offend people.

signed,

Evil Inja

[ 02-05-2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: InjaYew ]