Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-27-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
Maximus decimus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know where you can purchase Throne of Bhaal in the uk ive tried everywhere and no-one has it. Ive even tried through the internet. If there is no where to buy it does anyone know where it can be downloaded from. Please help ive nearly completed baldur's gate 2 and i would like some more quests. Thanks
Maximus decimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 09:26 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Have you looked on E-bay? Or tried the Bioware/Interplay online store? I can't imagine that there is no place to purchase ToB online.

Keep looking; I'm sure there's a copy somewhere.

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Maximus decimus:
Does anyone know where you can purchase Throne of Bhaal in the uk ive tried everywhere and no-one has it. Ive even tried through the internet. If there is no where to buy it does anyone know where it can be downloaded from. Please help ive nearly completed baldur's gate 2 and i would like some more quests. Thanks
Amazon will likely have it and they have warehouses in the UK; next day delivery and you can buy a second-hand but still mint edition cheap. DO you have a local PC world? HMV and WH Smiths sell it too, as does Virgin megastores. Are there no Game or Electronic Boutique shops in your area?

And no, ToB is not Abandonware and cannot be downloaded; if you find a site that has it it's a pirate and should be reported to Bioware as it's infringing on copyrights.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:19 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Holy Moly! Only $29.95?!?!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Holy Moly! Only $29.95?!?!
That doesn't include shipping fees, Dundee. Though $5.99 is hardly a lot...I've seen WH Smith selling BG SoA AND ToB in a small little DVD case for £10, though. And the original BG for £5 with ToTSC.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:39 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ironically, $29.95 is more expensive than what I bought my copy for. I assume that that particular quoted price is in US dollars. £10 is cheaper than what I bought it for though. I got mine roughly at US$24.32 after conversion.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:16 AM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Ironically, $29.95 is more expensive than what I bought my copy for. I assume that that particular quoted price is in US dollars. £10 is cheaper than what I bought it for though. I got mine roughly at US$24.32 after conversion.
Even worse, I bought mine for £30.00 when it came out-I think that's about...$42.00? I'm not too sure on the conversion rates, correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 08-28-2002, 11:26 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Even worse, I bought mine for £30.00 when it came out-I think that's about...$42.00? I'm not too sure on the conversion rates, correct me if I'm wrong.
£30.00?

Based on the 2.65 rate, that will be S$79.95 to me! [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Egads! That be expensive for an expansion! The most expensive game over here is Warcraft 3 at S$69.90. The highest that I have seen for a non-collector's-edition game is S$75.00 for Diablo 2.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:59 AM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

It also sold for £35 in other shops! EEEEEVIL MONEY MAKERS! [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

[quote]Originally posted by Kaltia:
Quote:
[qb]And no, ToB is not Abandonware and cannot be downloaded; if you find a site that has it it's a pirate and should be reported to Bioware as it's infringing on copyrights.
After you download it
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote