Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 02:49 PM   #271
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
would this be fish-slapping in the style of monty python? i do hope so, i'm rather good at it!
You'll have to check THAT out with the silver one and Absynthe!

------------------

Old 09-19-2001, 03:18 PM   #272
Absynthe

Quote:
would this be fish-slapping in the style of monty python? i do hope so, i'm rather good at it!
Oh absolutely! 'course to do it up proper, I'll have to come to the docks on your side of the pond... the docks of the U.S. just don't have the same atmosphere. *rummaging* Now, where did I leave my pith helmet...?

Old 09-19-2001, 03:36 PM   #273
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Have you read European history lately? We were about the same way. The history of Europe has more war than peace by a lot. However, we worked it out... eventually. I hope this will stay that way, that there will be no more wars like those in the past (I'd say no more wars at all, but that is unfortunately very unrealistic). The Middle East is about the same way - warring over centuries. However, somebody gave them advanced weaponry. I do not even WANT to think of what would have happened if Europe had advanced weaponry in, say, the Thirty Years War, to name one of many.

The west supplied some weaponry to the middle east, Britain supplied many weapons to Iraq, America Many weapons to Israel. The west Undermines its own postition for money. Many areas of europe were depopulated by the 30 years war,more advanced weapons and their probably be no-one left.

------------------
Welcome to see my ability
I promised to follow the light
Remember the way to infinity
Hear my voice and cry

Old 09-19-2001, 04:04 PM   #274
tracey
Manshoon

hope the fish slapping is in the style of monty python?
Old 09-19-2001, 04:12 PM   #275
Absynthe

Quote:
Definitely.

Old 09-19-2001, 05:22 PM   #276
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Hm. A deep obsession with Monty Python, I see. You really should go and lie down! I shall prepare a nicely padded cell for you!

------------------

Old 09-19-2001, 05:32 PM   #277
Absynthe

Do we get a reduced rate for double occupancy, Fljotsdale? Might as well pack me away, too... just let me do the silly walk into the cell, ok?

Old 09-19-2001, 06:10 PM   #278
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoo, this is getting so long, I have to admit, I'm not caught up at all.
A point I'd like to make, just in case (like I said, not caught up but wanting this one made), in my experience, men and women who join the armed services do so for a variety of reasons. I'd just like to make clear, in case anyone thinks otherwise, that they aren't all rabid dogs looking to kill anything in sight.

My own father was in the Air Force over 20 years. Did two stints of service in Vietnam. The horrors he saw spilled over into his letters to a nine year old girl who remembers quite clearly the day his barracks was bombed and his buddy in the next bunk over was killed. Yes, that was me, and those letters were eyeopening for me, even though he tried very hard to be upbeat and not talk about the things that were so hard to endure. My father's family are hunters, he gave it up when he joined the service. He adamantly refused to even have a gun in the house unless it was in pieces and I remember him saying once that if he had to take his old hunting rifle from my grandmother's house he'd never keep the ammo in the house with it.

Before anyone pro-gun flames me, that wasn't my point - to clarify, let me just say that my point was simply that he has a gentle heart, but did his duty and did it well. He had a lot of reasons for joining the service but anticipation of war was never one of them. Yet when called on to do his duty, he did. Whatever his personal feelings, he is proud of doing the job expected of him. And I have to say, so am I.

Silver Cheetah, long posts, but interesting. And the last one (sorry, not gonna quote, but it is good)is well worded. We may not always agree on the minor issues and maybe a major one here and there, but I admire your spirit and your strength of conviction. You speak from the heart and have been civil in the disagreements I've seen. So in case I never properly welcomed you, WELCOME to IRONWORKS, glad to have you as part of our community.

To everyone else... spoiled fish? Dang.. I leave for a few hours of sleep and you break out the hors d'oeuvres?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-19-2001, 07:43 PM   #279
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Do we get a reduced rate for double occupancy, Fljotsdale? Might as well pack me away, too... just let me do the silly walk into the cell, ok?
Guess you'll have to check out the double occupancy with Tracey! After all, she is female and you, I believe, are male?! Could be a bit dodgy!! Funny walk obligatory, btw!

------------------

Old 09-19-2001, 07:47 PM   #280
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

To everyone else... spoiled fish? Dang.. I leave for a few hours of sleep and you break out the hors d'oeuvres?

Cloudy

That's Absynthe!! And Silver feline. And Tracey. Bad as each other, imho! And you not much better, lol!

I'll leave the others to answer the rest.

------------------