Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

I've been wanting to start up a game of d20 Star Wars for a bit. Character creation is fairly simple, just like 3rd edition D&D, and I'd be willing to help anyone who wants to join. It would be fairly open-ended, mostly character-driven plots with GM intervention if it gets too slow. Posting commitment would be one every day or so, nothing too straining, and while I'd like for more than one sentence replies, I also don't expect an essay each time either. Combat will be resolved much the same as in Purple's game: you PM tactics, and the battle is worked out from there. If you don't know how it would play out, a prime example is on page 3 of his game.

The setting will be a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. More specifically, it'll be set in the Star Wars galaxy, during the time of the Empire. The game would start on a jungle planet in the Outer Rim where the Rebellion is hiding out, and an Imperial taskforce has been sent to investigate, especially based on rumors that the Rebels are building a secret weapon, but at an undisclosed location. Mercenaries and other freelancers would choose which side they want to be on based on their character. This is not written in stone though, and if you would rather start out playing as dirt farmers on a dirt planet who grow and change and develop their allegiances as the game progresses, it can also be done that way. More details will be defined when it becomes more apparent how many players will be in, and whether they'll be pro-Imperial, pro-Rebellion, or some sort of freelancer.

So, if interested, reply here, or if you have any questions you need answered you can hit me up with a PM or get me on MSN.

[ 02-01-2007, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Man Who Fights Like Woman ]
Man Who Fights Like Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

You know I'm down for some of that. Put me down as a freelancer with Imperial sympathies.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

I'll give it a try. Put me down as a Sarlaac jedi.
Caleb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Come on, you lazy dogs, it's Star Wars! Lightsabers and stuff!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Manshoon

Well, not so much lightsabers unless you want to get hunted by the Empire, but hey. Starships, space battles, lasers, and all that!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
I'd be glad to join in, but I'm worried about playing in three games at once. I've also never played a star wars rpg (unless you count kotor) so I'm not sure how the rules translate.

Now that I've given all my reasons to NOT play, I'd love to try a bounty hunter who follows the money wherever it leads, most likely working for the empire but not adverse to playing both sides or working for the hutts. Is there info online anywhere covering the different races?
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Manshoon

Basically, KotoR was a digital version of the Star Wars rules, so the only thing that should be different is character creation. Don't know if there is info online with the different races, classes, etc., but I'd be willing to put the info in a text file and share it via e-mail or MSN.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, it doesn't seem like we'll be overpopulated, but it still sounds like we'll have a fun game ahead of us.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #9
Manshoon

Indeed. But we may have some population, it is not yet too late to join! The game has yet to start!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I'd love to try another SW game. are there going to be Wookies?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote