Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2000, 02:53 AM   #11
The X
Dungeon Master

Suul-Yin, check your mail. Reply thru this thread if you receive it.
Old 12-02-2000, 04:18 AM   #12
Taurin

how about this one:

the IKEA scrollcase
sold for 1GP in most stores

containing 10 misc. scrolls (of choice)

all with 65% chance of failure due to incorrect spelling and false instructions
the scrollcase itself also has a 50% chance of breaking in pieces when opened, thus rednering the scrolls unusable.

(yes , I just bought furniture(a computer desk), and nearly broke my toe whan the darned thing fell apart)

Old 12-02-2000, 07:41 AM   #13
Arachnia Vandriel

Hey memnoch, I'll try and hunt out my old sourcebooks for the stats of some decent equipment, then i'll post some stats up for all you editors out there..

Although I think i'll start with some dragonlance eq, as i know exactly where all my old dragonlance modules are

Old 12-02-2000, 08:23 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

To Memnoch
The sword of Sharpness can be found in ADOD GM guide, its a +1-5 (article in dragon magazine) sword of most variants i.e longsword, bastardsword and 2h sword. On a dieroll of 19-20 you cut a limb off, think its a d6 where 1-2 are the legs 3-4 are legs and 5-6 the head,. There is also the sword of beheading or mortal sword or something like that which cuts the head off any humanoid creature on a dieroll 18-20. Gruesome dude!

I also want to add a wepon of my own.
Blade of Valiant Hero ( A blade I inveted for a adventure some years ago)
A bastard sword +4
Gives a +1 ac against evil creatures
Immune to fear, hold and charms
Twice aday you can call for a mighty strike which will deal out double damage on any evil creature.
Drawbacks, acts like a -1 sword if used against good creatures and if involved in something invaliant like attacking from behind etc.
Only usable by good alignment characters.
Old 12-02-2000, 01:45 PM   #15
justaworm

In a real AD&D campaign I am in, I actually *accidently* created an item that has lead to one of the best role-playing experiences I have ever had.

I was trying to make a Cloak of Silence (Oh, btw, I am a Mage) for myself. Well, somehow, it was tampered with by someone who was specifically out to get me.

My goal was to have a cloak that was charged with high level Silence 10 Ft radius spells so I would not have to memorize it ever again, but I guess this spawned my DMs curiosity.

So what I have right now, is some sort of Cursed Cloak of Silence that permanently has a powerful Silence spell centered on me.

Well as you can imagine, this leads to some difficult times for myself (as a mage), my party, and really annoys people of any town I walk through; but, like I said, it is making for some great roleplaying.

Old 12-02-2000, 05:58 PM   #16
Santaclaws

hi ppl. i was wondering how you guys are actually making these items. i mean i made items in bg1, using axe, and all the other things teambg released. oh by the way they kick @ss. but guys are all saying that you are using infinity explorer to create items can you tell me how to do it?

Old 12-02-2000, 06:54 PM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

hi ppl. i was wondering how you guys are actually making these items. i mean i made items in bg1, using axe, and all the other things teambg released. oh by the way they kick @ss. but guys are all saying that you are using infinity explorer to create items can you tell me how to do it?

Santa, Infinity Editor, not Explorer, is used to create items. Explorer just lets you check out the items, dialogs etc. The TeamBG site has all the tools to create the items. The site has been down for a couple of weeks, hopefully the guys are putting some cool stuff up.

Wolfgir, that beheading sword is the Vorpal Blade which is available in BG2.
Old 12-03-2000, 07:57 AM   #18
Santaclaws

i have been looking at itms and i have been making some of my own. i find it hard not to makeitems that are too powerful. however what i have been noticing is that it wont let me save my new item because i have done something to the description. anyone know why this is happining.
thanks

Old 12-03-2000, 08:10 AM   #19
BaatoRyan

Memnoch pare, can you like email it to me or somethin?! Im really hyped up to create my kind of weapon! No, TO EVERYONE!!! If possible, please email the Infinity EDITOR to me!!! My email is at exodus_33@yahoo.com PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Old 12-03-2000, 10:54 AM   #20
Deadpool
Welcomed New User

where can i find this program to make my own magic items, can someone email it to me???
I got a few ideas too...
1. dancing sword- use it for one round, then it leaves your hand & fights by itself
for a while. i forget how long.
2. captains sword +4 longsword -detects treasure & other magic items in a 120ft radius.
3. i'd like to get my hands on my own moonblade
4 but what i want more than anything else is GWENHWYVAR