Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 03:33 PM   #1
Thorny

From the minute we stepped ashore I had an uneasy feeling. My slowly developing Scouting skills were of no use. These marks were too strange to identify. Were they recent, or days old? Some daylight would have helped, but of course it was night. Was it always night, or was my sense of time off kilter from spending endless days in damp, musty caves? I didn’t ask for this job. Nivius started it by giving me the Signet Ring, then the Oracles babbled on about destiny, D’Soto moaned a Sacred Word and Before I had time to consider the ramifications, Erathsmador handed me the Mavin Sword. For a while, they had be believing the whole thing, but I’m no hero.
As a Samurai, I am bound by honor. “First, I lost track of the days and now it seems I’ve lost track of time altogether. Are the nights three times as long as the days? What has happened to Gael Serran?”
Priestess looked nervous, not a good sign. “Where are we?” She asked, looking longingly back along the path towards the ship.
Ninja Assasin was checking the maps. He was the mapping expert and could always find a way in to a deserted castle or past a locked door. I wish he was as good at finding a way out. It was the brainy Spell Caster who finally figured a way out of the Boogre Caves. That’s where she picked up her nickname – Tinker. Wendy was a Pixie and the name stuck!
“By my reckoning this is one the larger islands.” Ninja offered. “And that sillouette against the night sky up ahead bears a strong resemblance to a skull. Skull Island. I knew it was around here somewhere.”
Suddenly the stillness of the night air was rended by a mind numbing cry as a pack of cat like creatures sprang from the shadows. They were hard to distinguish from the shadows themselves. All I could make out were long fangs and soulless, yellow eyes which held an unsatiable hunger like I’d never seen before.
“Wack-a-mole!” shouted Barbarian as his Blade of Argus whistled through the air. A bone crunching hit, but the shadowy creature just hissed and clawed at his Plate Armor with a set of razor sharp claws. Barbarian staggered from the blow. Blood was dripping from the wound. Barbarian howled a battle war cry!
“These ain’t no Worgurs!” I shouted. “Spellcasters, we need help fast!”
Within moments the battle was going against us. These things had hides like armor plate and claws that could tear Armor like it was a piece of cloth. Oh terrific, it seemed that most of the cats had their hungry eyes fixed on me. “They’re all around me!”
Priestess completed her conjuration and smiled. “Yes, it does seem like they’ve developed a strong attraction to you. I can’t explain why that always happens. It must be your magnetic personality!”
“Well, I could really use the force right about now if you don’t mind."
Tinker flipped through her spell book, wondering what conjuration might affect these creatures. “Am I hearing correctly. The mighty warrior can’t handle a few cats. You’re asking for help from the winey, weak females?”
Assasin leapt out of the shadows and chopped one of the already battered cats a killing blow. “Hai!” Assasin was a gnome of few words.
The cats were lightening fast and attacking multiple times. One of them lunged past Barbarian and tore a nasty gash in Tinker’s leg.
“Don’t you wish you had worn your Wizards Robes now? No, no, you wouldn’t listen to us. You wouldn’t wear the Robes because they clashed with your golden Plate Armor Bra. Just like a women to put fashion before practicality.”
The Assassin was quaffing a potion of great healing. I wished we had purchased a few more back in town. “Hey, I could use one those too.” I yelled above the din of battle and conjurations

Eventually the spellcasters were able to put one night shadow creature asleep and paralyze a couple more. Two creatures were dead after multiple sword blows, leaving just one more to finish off before healing up and finishing off her ‘frozen’ cousins.
Ninja wheezed. “Holy Worgur, what were those things?”
I sheathed the Mavin Sword and inspected one the many pelts lying around, “Longtooths would be my guess. They have razor sharp teeth and claws. Now I understand why this island is uninhabited.”
Barbarian grunted an acknowledgement, battle rage still visible in his wild eyes. Priestess was tending to his many wounds. Tinker was fussing with her hair again. No way on earth I could convince her to wear one of those “funny looking” caps either. But I have to admit I don’t mind carrying her robes around even if she might never wear them again.
Skull Castle loomed against the night sky. It was going to be another long night in Gael Serran.