Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-04-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
ArmeDMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so, quite a way's through the game i find the messenger that 'comes to hunt you down' (not really:-/) in Waukeens Promenade to tell you to visit quayle.

apparently i took too long because when i got there i got some weird convo with quayle saying something like
'a visit is a gift from you'
something about a week and a tenday.

after it was over, it would start back up, over and over again.

afterwards my romance with aerie came to a hault until i used shadow keeper to set back some of the variables like the love dialog number.
ArmeDMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] WECLOME [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

about your questions,

1. if you're romancing Aerie, it's kinda odd that you would've not gone to see Quayle immediately or soon after you got the message. I've always went to see Quayle immediately and so I don't know how it's gonna affect the Aerie romance.

2. the thing I do know is that, Quayle won't give a quest when you go to see him; he will direct you to a quest. So, if you've already done that quest before you went to see Quayle, he would only give you the "a visit is a gift from you" conversation.

3. Whether the Quayle incient would affect the Aerie romance or not, the romance might halt if you've done other things wrong, or not meet the time/loaction requirement, or simply the romance proceeds into certain *cold war* period.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
ArmeDMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. i wasn't using a guide, so i just didn't notice the messenger

2. at that point i havn't done the quest that he sends you to talk to the guy about

3. i am pretty sure i didn't do anything else wrong=)
Old 04-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. it has nothing to do with whether you're using a guide or not; what I meant was, roleplaying wise, if you're romancing Aerie, you should've gone visit Quayle pretty soon after being informed since you might care more about her feeling than if you didn't romance her. also, IIRC, she would ask you to visit Quayle if you take too much time.

2. I don't quit follow; do you actually know the "quest" Quayle would direct you to?

3. you said you didn't use any guide, but you're pretty sure you haven't done anything wrong?

L* anyway, you might as well just explain your case more clearly and then we may see what's wrong more easily: things like have you been through the game already, and actually knew the game in and out (=knows about how Aerie romance works, knows if you get to Quayle sooner, what would he say to you and etc. ), just suspect that this is a bug.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:36 PM   #5
ArmeDMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i used a guide afterwards to check on things (which is how i found out that you don't actually have to go through quayle to do that quest).
i did go to him right away.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #6
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Thats happened to me before too, but my romance didnt stop. Maybe you should just play for awhile.