Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Good point from Donut I feel. But to be honest I think thats not so much a problem with the pill as it is with the man lying (and the woman believing him I suppose). This idea might have more use if you're in a long term relationship, same as with the female version. For one thing, why are you going to go through the hassle of taking the things regularly when you're not actually getting any in the first place. I know very few men who would take this pill on the off chance, and very few women who would believe otherwise. But maybe thats just me.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #12
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Maelakin, wouldn't that give me the munchies instead of reducing my appetite? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
They aren’t having you smoke cannabis. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scientists located and isolated the portion of the brain that cannabis effects. The research originally started because of the induced munchies. They found that area of the brain has receptors that connect to various chemical allowing you the pleasure of the experience. By introducing a drug into your system that bonds with these receptors, they effectively cut off that pleasure area resulting in the opposite effect of the munchies.

At the same time, it helps to parley smoking since nicotine attaches to the same nodes.

Here is a Link with further information.
Maelakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

That absolutely sounds like a wonder drug. I'll be looking forward to it hitting the market and hope my insurance covers it...lol.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:44 PM   #14
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

My thoughts exactly. I can quit smoking and lose a couple pounds off the spare tire in the process. In addition, I can control my little soldiers’ tendencies to be over ambitious!
Maelakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:34 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Good point from Donut I feel. But to be honest I think thats not so much a problem with the pill as it is with the man lying (and the woman believing him I suppose). This idea might have more use if you're in a long term relationship, same as with the female version. For one thing, why are you going to go through the hassle of taking the things regularly when you're not actually getting any in the first place. I know very few men who would take this pill on the off chance, and very few women who would believe otherwise. But maybe thats just me.
Yes I agree [img]smile.gif[/img] . If it's like the female version, then the rate of success is only relevant if you take it every day, even at the same time every day. A woman has extra motivation as it regulates her cycle as well, in fact for a lot of women its contraceptive qualities is a bonus rather than the impetus for taking it. I can't see many men being so diligent about taking it. What would be more useful would be the male version of the contraceptive injection rather than the pill. Even so, I can't really see that it would be useful for casual sex - not many women would want to be so trusting, plus of course the lack of disease prevention means you'd have to wear a condom anyway - why bother?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Again, I see it more for the use of a man in a long term relationship.

My wife is one of those women who takes the pill for regulatory purposes as Aelia mentioned, but after my second child, I didn't want to take the chance of her forgetting a pill and us having a child unintentionally. I could have avoided the 'knife' if one of these new methods had been available. Every guy I know would be happy to take a pill every day for the rest of his life just to avoid having a 'knife' anywhere near his genitals. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Personally, I would have chosen the injection method until the 'pot pill' came on the market. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Yes I agree [img]smile.gif[/img] . If it's like the female version, then the rate of success is only relevant if you take it every day, even at the same time every day. A woman has extra motivation as it regulates her cycle as well, in fact for a lot of women its contraceptive qualities is a bonus rather than the impetus for taking it. I can't see many men being so diligent about taking it. What would be more useful would be the male version of the contraceptive injection rather than the pill. Even so, I can't really see that it would be useful for casual sex - not many women would want to be so trusting, plus of course the lack of disease prevention means you'd have to wear a condom anyway - why bother?
Some women aren't able to tolerate the pill because of contra-indications.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:34 AM   #18
norompanlasolas

well, if it works it'd be really useful... on a sidenote, LOL to some of the witty answers on this post. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]