Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-17-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I've been playing around with trying to create a new kit (Thanks again Vaskez!), but noticed that some of the stuff for Wild Mage is already there. How close was it to inclusion in BG2? Anyone had a go at finishing it?
It looks like it was an afterthought (along with Barbarian?) - as they are the last two kits listed.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:01 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Antonius, the Wild Mage kit will be included in the expansion to BG2, Throne of Bhaal.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-17-2001, 05:52 PM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

I downloaded a 'reckless dweomer' spell which apparently is already in the game but not used ,i think its a priest spell but i've not tried it yet.
Old 05-18-2001, 06:56 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

The Reckless Dweomer is a level one wizard spell. You cast it first, then you select another spell to cast. You might throw a 300 damage lightning bolt, or you might fry yourself, negate your protections, haste the enemy, summon enemies, etc.

It's fun, but I would never use it in a situation I couln't reload quickly.
Old 05-18-2001, 08:50 AM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the wild mage kit can do. I don't typically play mage characters as I find them kind of boring. I prefer to take out my enemies the old-fashioned way...cut them into little pieces...

I think having a wild mage in your party sounds like having a walking wand of wonder.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:06 PM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Antonius, the Wild Mage kit will be included in the expansion to BG2, Throne of Bhaal.

I was trying not to mention ToB - know it _will_ be included, but query was regaring why it's already got some entries in the kit files - and the fact that it's numbered 31, whilst Barbarian (32) is already there.

Old 05-18-2001, 12:27 PM   #7
koz-ivan
Manshoon

i read in one of memnoch's threads (iirc) that the wild mage was pretty much all done, but they did not have time to fine tune it before release.

but what the hell were they thinking, this kit must be one of the most difficult to fully implement, that i can think of.

i wanna try one in the worst way.

& to the best of my knowledge, the kit is done, as far as bg2 is concerned but there is only one spell.
Old 05-18-2001, 05:02 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The wild mage is the same as a normal mage, only with 5% chance that something random will happen.
Old 05-18-2001, 06:40 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

only 5 i would have hoped for nonstop disasters and godsends of spells a lot more regularly anyway you have to start and play through the whole again whengoing into throne of bhall if you want a romance active in the addon i played through the game once as a mage and once a sorcerer i dont need to play as a wild mage like almost the same class 3 times through the game

------------------