Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #1
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Was thinking about bringing a bishop, faery ninja for the cane of corpus (alchemist spells), a samurai (mage spells) and a maybe a lord or valkyrie (divine spells). Sounds good? Any racial tips? Or suggestions for improvements? Anything at all? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2002, 12:57 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hallo igjen! It is looking greate but maby you should change the Lord or Valkre with an plain priest..insted because of the speed an prist are to gaine "Divine" spells maby change it later when hi have got most of the best spells!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:06 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Actually, I think you're better off with the Lord/Valkyrie because you have a short party. You could take a priest and change later, but you know that would mean slower advancement.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:46 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Your party sounds fine. I tried Dwarf Lord, Faerie Ninja, Hobbit Bard and Human Priest-->Bishop. I think I should have started with a Bishop. The advantage of a human magic user is they get more HP than an elf or faerie, although they level up slower. Perhaps a Mook would work, too. Preferred the Lord (or could be a Valk) because I wanted max healers. Could have used a Felpur or Rawulf, but Dwarves have more damage resistance.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

Ended up with Faery Ninja, Hobbit Samurai, Dwarf Valkyrie (getting Iron skin will make her next to unkillable I guesss [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and elf bishop focusing on wizardry and psionic spells, finished monastery yesterday, Bishop not quite up to pari skillwise but that will soon imporve i guess.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:07 PM   #6
ice3
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs:
Ended up with Faery Ninja, Hobbit Samurai, Dwarf Valkyrie (getting Iron skin will make her next to unkillable I guesss [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and elf bishop focusing on wizardry and psionic spells, finished monastery yesterday, Bishop not quite up to pari skillwise but that will soon imporve i guess.
You should focus on the 4 schools with your bishop. I don't understand why ppl stick always with 2. I have always the 4 schools witch the 6 realms fully developed. At the time you get level 18 and the level 7 spells your bishop will have more frag that any other team mate! My 2 bishops are level 15 now and all schools and realms are close (+80) for one bishop and the other has 2 realms still open.

As for the last slot why not a bard? They make excellent front line tanks can can have a good set of weapons!
Old 03-26-2002, 08:27 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

i adore 4 person parties and i have a tad of advice that you may listen to or not, as you see fit.

my current party is 2 bishops, a bard and a samurai. what i did was to focus on SKILLS for at least the first 9-11 levels. to this end, i allowed them to get to Level 5 in the monastery and then didn't level them any further. at that point, they could focus on their skills.

you see, with a small party, exp comes very fast and soon far outstrips their skill levels. this makes them bug and flower fodder when they hit the A-T road and also when they get to Trynton.

don't level them up until you are up in the trees in Trynton. this esp benefits if you want to develop melee and magic skills in each char.

while in the monastery, start working on any secondary skills for any of your chars. for instance, i knew that my bard would use the bloodlust, cursed so would not be able to use ranged, so i used this time to allow her to raise her throw skill. with her instruments and dual swords, those skills race on their own thru use, so tossing a few points to jumpstart the secondary skill was a good start for her.

in any event, i found it to be such a great method that, even tho the Shallows and Nessie were challenging at Lvl 12/13, they still were able to get thru, breathless and out of a lot of potions, but very much alive. and it carried thru out the rest of the game this way.

good luck, whatever you decide to do, and have fun!

V***V

[ 03-26-2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 03-27-2002, 08:52 AM   #8
Dungeon Master

Thnx for the advices Vesselle, I'll stop leveling untill I reach Trynton, approximately level 7 now, just hit the arnika road, so far doing ok, but are starting to get second thoughts, maybe change my valkyrie for a bard [img]smile.gif[/img] But will he not peak extremely early? Maybe change him to valkyrie, lord or fighter at level18? hrrmmm, scratch my beard and and ponder this one a little longer.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:42 PM   #9
DeSoya
Manshoon

Ummm... What exactly is meant by focusing on skills. Meaning, how do you do that without leveling up? It's annoying me that I get places and I don't have the right person in my party or someone has too low a skill (this happens mostly with picklocks. My party blows through all the monsters and then ends up not being able to get to the nifty items). Could you give me a hint please?

DeSoya