Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 01:53 AM   #1
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I have a character that is 15e level (most of the party is 15/16e) and were in the elven city (with those big golems) is it just me or is 15e just to low to take on those monsters ...I got slaughtered every time ...
Old 10-30-2001, 02:15 AM   #2
tehmpus
The Magister

When you say elven city... are you referring to Suldessar? If you've gotten that far in the storyline with only level 15, then you must have skipped alot of the minor quests and intrigue. You must have chased Imoen right away.

Here's a tip for handling pesky golems.

Buy the 50 charge Cloudkill wand in Waukeen's Prominade and zap em with it.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-30-2001, 02:21 AM   #3
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

well not right away but pretty much ...it was like do this then do that then do that and suddenly I was in the underdark...I was high enough level to kill everything so for but those golems are really butchering me...
Old 10-30-2001, 02:49 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you have Crom Faeyr, use it on the 'small' golems, each hit is an instant kill.

For Iron and Admantinium(sp?) golems, use your best tank to distract them. Use a Cleric to cast Regeneration on the tank, while the rest of your party whack it.
Old 10-30-2001, 04:31 AM   #5
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
If you have Crom Faeyr, use it on the 'small' golems, each hit is an instant kill.

For Iron and Admantinium(sp?) golems, use your best tank to distract them. Use a Cleric to cast Regeneration on the tank, while the rest of your party whack it.
Where do i find the crom fayr
Old 10-30-2001, 04:59 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Where do i find the crom fayr
Crom Faeyr, possibly the most powerful one-handed weapon in SoA
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You need to assemble Crom Faeyr, Cromwell the dwarf will assemble it for you. Crom Faeyr is split into 4 parts, scattered throughout the game.

Gauntlets of Orge Power

One of the Halflings in the Planar Sphere drops this.

Hammer of Thunderbolts

You need to get a sewer key from Tazok in Windspear Hills to unlock the entrance to a Mind Flayer lair in the Temple Sewers. The entrance is on the upper right wall of the Temple Sewers.

Scroll of Crom Faeyr

Loot from the Shadow Dragon.

Girdle of Frost Giant Strength

Loot from a Demon Knight in the Kuo-Tuo Dungeons in the Underdark. You need to summon them by sacrificing a summon.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:47 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

You can use terrain against the larger golems. Go up the narrow stairs where they can't fit through and attack them with ranged or 2H weapons such as halberd or 2H sword (+3 at least). Their attack range is only 1' so a 2H sword or halberd will hit them and they can't hit you back.

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 06:00 AM   #8
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

this is what i dont understand:- how can you use crom faeyer in the underdark when part of the weapon is in underdark to start off with. surely you have to go there without it in order to get it. but in that case when do you get the option to leave, go back and get cromwell to make the weapon.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:19 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kingpats:
this is what i dont understand:- how can you use crom faeyer in the underdark when part of the weapon is in underdark to start off with. surely you have to go there without it in order to get it. but in that case when do you get the option to leave, go back and get cromwell to make the weapon.
? He is having problems with Golems in Suldanesslar, not in the Underdark.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:30 AM   #10
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

yup I already finished the underdark (die mindflayers, die!)

it's the damn golems I can't kill...