Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-21-2001, 03:03 PM   #1
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Hello,
I'm playing this time around a dual classed fighter/thief using only shortsowrds for my main weapons. My first intent was to do the shadow thief quest, which I completed, yet, at the end of it, Renal Bloodscalp, didn't give me the +3 backstabbing sword; my question is, does anyone know where one is or an equivalent +3 shortsword for my character? Would really like to have one before setting off to get Imoen.

Best, IrishHound

------------------
" When I read about the evils of drinking, I quit reading "
Old 08-21-2001, 03:32 PM   #2
Fisherman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try to pickpocket it from him or if youre working (or planing to work) for Bhodi then maybe you can kill him to get it.
But anyway i prefer the Flamebridge the sword of backstabing gets boring after a while.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:39 PM   #3
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

As I said, I am just starting out, and since I accepted to run the thief guild I do not plan to side with, Bodi. My pickpocketing skills would only serve to get me killed if I tried to use them... Just want to know if there is a +shortsword anywhere that I can get my hands on before setting off to get, Imoen. I only mentioned the backstabbing sword because I knew it be offered but any +3 shortsword will suffice

Thanks for the suggestion anyways, Fisherman.

------------------
" When I read about the evils of drinking, I quit reading "
Old 08-21-2001, 04:03 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Is Haer'Dalis the only Bard NPC? If you can find another Bard NPC somewhere in the game, then have them temporarily join your party. Bards have excellent Pick Pocketing skills. But then again, I think that stupid Tiefling is the only Bard, and being a Blade lowers his Lore... Nevermind, go find Haer'Dalis and have him pick pocket the sword off of Renal.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:14 PM   #5
Jake
Banned User

Nano, you cant... Renal has it equipped.

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

Or drink a potion of master thievery, save and pickpocket Renal. Should you fail, you can always reload. I admit it's not the cleanest way to get your sword, but hey, you really seem to want a shortsword +3

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-21-2001, 04:16 PM   #7
Jake
Banned User

Woohoo! Im a magister! What is a magister... anyone?

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 04:20 PM   #8
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Don't take it to your head.. If I'm correct, you killed the renegade Thief before you were supposed to. Once you have the scrolls that prove his unfaithfulness, you return them to Renal. At that point, he tells you to return to the building and slay him. I did this before, and did not receive any rewards..