Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-31-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
Blindside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some time in suldelessenar edwin starts yelling at Keldron and they kill each other, can i stop this madness? i need them both to beat teh game!
Old 05-31-2001, 12:50 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I suppose they fight because they are of opposite alignments. Looks like you'll have to make a hard choice here.

BTW, thanks for spoiling it for me in the title.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 05-31-2001, 12:57 AM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blindside:
Some time in suldelessenar edwin starts yelling at Keldron and they kill each other, can i stop this madness? i need them both to beat teh game!
Didn't you already ask this ???

The problem you are having here is from not taking into account the NPC's alignment.

Keldorn is a paladin, Lawful Good. Edwin is Lawful Evil. They don't want to be near each other. (it also keeps the game balanceed)

Three solutions:
1)Choose one, lose the other. This is the way the game intends you to play it.
2)Save often, and reload everytime it happens. The fights are randomly generated, so you can do this and get through the game. It will be annoying, but it works. (Pay attention to the NPC alignment!)
3)cheat. I don't advocate cheating, so you'll need to get that info elsewhere, but it can be done. (changing NPC alignment)

hope this helps.... (btw, we prefer that you bump your original topic, instead of starting a new thread.)

WELCOME to IronWorks !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil.

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."
Old 05-31-2001, 12:57 AM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Did you try kicking out Edwin and then adding him again? This usually prevented Viconia/Keldorn fights when I used them in the same party.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:49 AM   #5
Blindside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well i beat the game with them BOTH in my party using my mage, but my monk, they keep killing each other(well edwin gets raped actualy)
And this isnt a spoiler because it doesnt happen in every game
Old 05-31-2001, 10:05 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Blindside:
well i beat the game with them BOTH in my party using my mage, but my monk, they keep killing each other(well edwin gets raped actualy)
And this isnt a spoiler because it doesnt happen in every game
It *is* a spoiler, Blindside.
SPOILER
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
If you don't take Yoshimo with you to the Asylum, he won't immediately betray you but still that topic must be marked as Spoiler. So please change the title of your topic. Also, like RudeDawg said, don't start multiple topics to ask the same question, OK? Thank you

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-31-2001, 10:27 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I would advise getting the Happy.2da file from Baldurdash, I think it prevents your party members from fighting and your evil ones from leaving due to a high rep, if it dosen't prevent them from fighting I think there is another one on Baldurdash which does that.
Old 05-31-2001, 12:49 PM   #8
trux

i had a way that always stopped edwin and keldorn from fighting. in my party formation keldorn was behind edwin. edwin starts spouting off about keldorn sticking his knife in his back and they start fighting. to keep this from happening make sure keldorn is never standing behind edwin.

------------------
--
trux