Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 10:25 AM   #1
Erekose
The Magister

Has anyone seriously attempted to beat the game on this setting? I used it for half of the expansion and repeatedly got the tar beaten out of me. It's great fun! Plus the absurd amount of experience points you get is extremely funny.
Cheers

------------------
"You all wished me to arouse the blade and use it. Now, I think, we begin to understand the consequences. The Black Sword must be fed. It will feed on friends if it cannot feed on enemies......"
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 11:42 AM   #2
Wizbane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried the last battle of IWD with my old characters, and it ended in 10 real time seconds! Less than 1 round... ouch!

------------------

Wizbane
Wizbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 12:48 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, I had endless times of reloads until I finally give up.....maybe I'll try again with high level characters once I reinstall the game.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 07:09 PM   #4
Khanar
Manshoon

I'm running my IWD/HOW party back through the game from the beginning in HoF mode. Alot of fun. Still, I was surprised when it took 315 points of damage to kill just one dang goblin. It's just sadistic.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 07:52 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL I'm going to have to try it just to see myself slaughtered. 315 hit points for a goblin? I need to get better arrows I think
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:04 PM   #6
whitmers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sharpen the blade, jsut wait till you get to yuxonemei and the other badge holders, then you will jsut be disgusted with their hit points. im afraid to deal with the dragon and the demon. the wya to go is the scimitar of speed with grand mastery and two real tough fighters. also the bards with the war chan to fo sith goign is pretty key.
whitmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 09:18 PM   #7
Jasonexus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just got IWD and HOW. I'm playing in HOF mode from the beginning but edited my party to Level 4 with dale keeper. It's very tough. Every battle must be planned carefully. I think there may be a bug with the sneak attack because sometimes an enemy who is crippled starts doing 50 damage every strike. Goblins in the pass between Easthaven and Kuldahar would do this. Even the orges and orcs in the cave before didn't do this much unless they were crippled. Can anybody confirm if this is right?
Jasonexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 04:06 PM   #8
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I was planning to finish HoW now and after that create a HoF-mode full game. At about which level should you be to survive in HoF by the way? Anyway, I know that Bard song is really good to heal your party members after the battle, but during the battle in a HoF game, is the 2 hp/turn really that helpful?
Or is it good mostly after the battles to heal you in HoF. And about that AC bonus. Is that one any helpful or will you be able to do just fine without it?

The reason I was wondering is because I don't have a Bard in my party but I still hope I can do fine without one in HoF-mode. I'd greatly appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:19 AM   #9
Erekose
The Magister

I was playing with half the party maxed out in levels and still found them routinuely dying every big encounter. Cheers

------------------
"You all wished me to arouse the blade and use it. Now, I think, we begin to understand the consequences. The Black Sword must be fed. It will feed on friends if it cannot feed on enemies......"
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 11:40 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would rather not think about how hard it would be to try and beat the end boss in Heart of Fury mode. (Has anybody actually gone all the way??) We are always complaining about wanting a tougher battle...that this creature or that is too easy...(I wish that they would include this option in Throne of Bhaal, coming out soon, and have it patch into the BGI/BGII game as well.

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote