Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 05:12 PM   #1
Johnny B
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have made it to the end of dragon's eyewithout my thief (died a while ago). I need him back bad, these poison boobie traps are killing me every time. Where can I get a resurection or raise the dead? I checked w/ the healer in the temple and she wasn't capable...

J.B.
Johnny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 07:39 PM   #2
Glycerine
Manshoon

That's strange...I thought the healer in Khuldahar could do res. Oh well...you could check and see if you have a ressurection or raise dead cleric scroll and use that...

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 08:18 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Do you still have the greyed out image of your thief? Or has he vanished? If vanished you will not get him back, sorry.
If image still there any temple will raise him. Just make sure you have him highlighted, then click on the resurrect icon, then click on PAY. You need to have enough gold...
If an Elf, you will not get him back either, I think. I seem to recall something about not being able to resurrect elves...
However, you can create another thief for your team... but I think he will only be level one with no gear....

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 09:25 PM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

J.B. You can go to the downloads section here for IWD and download Dale Keeper. That way if you can not find a ressurection scroll you can recreate him/her at whatever level and abilities they had when you lost them. It will also allow you to re-equip them in the same way. http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/cheats.shtml
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 10:59 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you can't resurrect, you probably have an Elven thief. I played my first time through with an Elven Mage -- talk about reload .

If you are particularly fond of that thief, use Gatekeeper. You might be able to just take a saved game and reset hit points without having to recreate a character. Otherwise, get ready to level up a first level thief.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 06:41 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

dude, Resurrect can be used on Elves, but raise dead cant. if it sez -10 where the hp should be, then ur guy bit the dust for good. if its just greyed out, use resurrect (or if not elven, just use resurrect). the priest in Kulduhar should be able to (did u talk to the one way in the back?)
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 04:01 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

if you have a cleric; he could detect traps and you could avoid them
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 07:27 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

Or you can detect traps and then run summoned critters over them.

Works on quite a few traps, saves you some damage.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote