Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Gaelic
Elminster

I am nearing the end of IWD and I am curious how I will move from there to the HoW plot. Any info would be appreciated.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 02:12 PM   #2
Stormhammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings, Gaelic--Gaelin Stormhammer here (I don't believe we're
related sir, though you sound familiar to this old dwarf). If you
complete the Icewind Dale adventure and have not begun Heart of
Winter (installed it), you can simply import your characters into the
Heart of Winter game (click Create Game, click Expansion only, then
game will ask you if you want to use the characters from Icewind Dale
who finished the game--click 'Yes') (Note: you might want to download and
install the Heart of Winter Patch before playing--go to Interplay's
Website). Best of luck, Gaelic
Stormhammer
Stormhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 08:14 PM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

Ah! I have, in fat, installed it already. I have yet to travel those roads at all. I suppose after I complete it, I'll have to start an "expansion only" game. Thanks!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-01-2001, 09:22 PM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

You can, I believe, go back to Kuldahar and speak to Hjollnir I think his name is(He is in the small house with no sign that sits by itself near the Temple to Illmater.) and do the HoW portion now.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 04:20 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

anyone know off the tops of their heads; what the HoW patch entails? I just finished HoW and i must say, it was a bit of a rip off. The changes to the appearance were appreciated (that technology had long been out for BG2). however, the added slowness; especially in the HoW areas, was disgracefull. One such level had only one NPC (the seer) and one short path and some scenery, and that level CRAWLED. why the heck was it so slow? there wasn't a lot of processing to be donw on initiatives and hits and stuff. humf!
The expansion itself was pretty short. maybe i missed a side quest of two with the talking armor and the grave digger; but the game itself was just a few more levels tossed in.. 3 new levels, 1 town and a camp; what a jip for $30!
and it annoied me that occasionally spells did not work, and that sneak attack problem. the only really cool aspect was that there were a few new items to buy at the stores.
I had planned to hoarde all my items and sell them at what i felt to be the end of my quest; just before the final battle. But in HoW, they didn;t start giving the real bonus items and gems and pelts until i was already on the final stage; from which you CANNOT leave! so i have to just let them export my characters, BEFORE defeating the finaly boss (which gives you FAT exp that is instantly lost at the end of the game cuz they characters were exported prior to getting the goods). grrrrrrrr the game designers are really... how do you say... stupid?.. short sighted at best...
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

That's a possibility, but for some reason I want to finish IWD before visiting Lonelywood. Wish me luck!

------------------
Gaelic