Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2001, 05:49 PM   #11
Hudson Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a firm believer in the Fighter/Thief combo... in particular the elf f/t. Anybody who can find/remove traps, sneak around, steal stuff and dodge a drangon's breath weapon while hacking the snot out of him is more than OK in my book. Wizards aren't just for breakfast anymore.
Hudson Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 09:05 PM   #12
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Warriors of Any Race. I have never liked relying on spells and flash to beat an opponent. They always seem to run short. Whether with ranged or close in weapons they will always be my character class of choice. 3E makes them even better than before. Every year we have a Fighters Tourney in our gaming group. We take our Best fighters and a equal number of NPC bad asses, then duke it out one pair at a time. Prizes range from Potions to Weapons made especially for the winner.
This last tourney came down to who had won initiative. That was the deciding factor. Nothing beats the thrill of a fight that close. Makes me remember the first character I ever had and how it felt to have him in a close fight the first time.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 09:52 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ranger for me...I have only played with the Ranger PC throughout my entire gaming history. I would like to play others, but the Ranger just works right with me.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-06-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 02:26 PM   #14
Cmdr. Pain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would have to say a stupid human worrior. 18/something strength, 18 dexterity and 18 constitution. Put everything else in charisma and you have and idiot who can kick anyones ass.
Cmdr. Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 06:25 AM   #15
Glavros
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Human Paladin would be my pick. Using nothing but hammers, I smashed and bashed my way through the game. Great for those hordes of undead. Send them fleeing with Turn Undead and pick them off one by one with everyone else.

------------------
Glavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 08:53 AM   #16
texhorse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favourite is the Half Elf Priest, for the simple reason I have been roleplaying him for nine years. I feel I know him like my brother.
texhorse is offline   Reply With Quote