Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 12:37 AM   #1
Hiero

I had the same problem with Scabban. I talked with him before I got the quest. I had to reset the game. It was no big deal...only took a little while, and I got a little more experience. I'd reset if I were you.

Hiero

Old 11-30-2000, 12:56 AM   #2
dcch

Near the beginning of the game I got the quest to first check out the Toad Village for Smitty? in Valeria.. did that.. then, got another one from the Temple in town.. to take potion to Medkawa. It took me forever to be able to even talk with him (he kept running away).. finally I thought I gave him a potion, but upon returning to the temple, I was informed that I had not. I headed off to the Toad Village to try and continue.. nope.. they all wanted to kill me, even telling Ekbu the "secret" word didn't help. Being frustrated at that point, I decided to pass this part up for the time being.. and headed off to do the Ishad Hna, Shurugeon Castle, Mines, and Boogre Caves~

At this time I thought I'd return to Valeria and try the Toad quest again... finally pinned Medkawa between the water and the trees, using my horse, and forced him to take the potions! (the reason I know he had them, is that I saved it there, and killed him.. sure enough he had 3 potions on him).. okay, so now I head off to the Toad Village.. now I can't get any response from ANY of the toadies.. they won't talk to me, hell they won't even try to kill me now! I returned to town again... and the fellow at the Temple still tells me that I've yet to deliver the potions~ sigh

I love the game... but, this SUCKS big time!

Anyone have any ideas.. am I missing some tiny little detail (or even some HUGE detail)... Please.. any hints, tips or just plain outright SPOILERS are welcome at this point!

Thanks much,
dh

Old 11-30-2000, 08:57 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well gee.
Was the character who gave the potion to Medkawa the one who had the quest? (yes, of course) and it was that character that was choosen when you went back to the temple to see if the quest was completed? (duh!)
You restored your game so that when you went to visit the village toads Medkawa was still alive?

Most frustrating. How far into the game are you?? Any chance that you'd be willing to reset? You can just move on. That will reduce the number of levels you can attain in the guilds but that might be worth it just to avoid the frustration.

Wyv
Old 11-30-2000, 11:38 AM   #4
teefha

If u one time attact a toad in the village, it is gone. u wont get the spear an the sack of yellow form shinwiki. But u can still go to the toademground by opening the trapdoor in the shamans house. remember to use the toadem! (getting 5 hp)

It's importent for the tempel quest, that the caracter with the quest gives the potion.

When u restart, the take the tempel quest, go to Medkawa talk with him (running behind him...) then go to the toad village an dont enter the village without meeting ekbu and saying ukabu.

Come here Ukabu, why do you not go to Toad Village?
Ukabu need Toads. Toads need Ukabu

Old 11-30-2000, 05:57 PM   #5
dcch

Thanks for trying~ but I've really gone way too far (in my opinion) in this game to start it over now~ I'm going to just go on playing and if I can finish it without doing this Toad stuff.. that would be great, if not.. oh well, I've had a good time (mostly) and will put it aside and at a later date, will play it all over again.

dh

Old 11-30-2000, 09:40 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't have to do the Toad stuff to get through the rest of the game so play on in fun!

Wyv
Old 12-01-2000, 04:04 AM   #7
Astyanax12

Using the 'Charm' spell is supposed to make NPC's friendly again if you've upset them, it must be true 'cos the manual says so. Never got it to work for me though, I ticked off the shipwreck guy and no amount of 'Charm' made him friendly again. Maybe I've got bad breath or something.

I wonder if that would work on the toads, use it on Ekbu, or Shinwiki? Or maybe each and everyone of them? Hmmmm...

Old 12-01-2000, 11:50 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Charm - I heard that this was supposed to help with angry NPCs so I tried it and found that it didn't work. Don't know who the lucky player was that did manage to use it effectively. (wonder what their leadship skill was)

Wyv
Old 12-01-2000, 11:56 AM   #9
dcch

I did try the "Charm" spell.. it didn't work for me at all~ BUT, before I totally give up on this, I'm going to try one more thing... the book says that the MIND LEECH spell, allows you to get any and all info from the character (even if they won't talk to you)..so, that's my last hope~ if that fails, I will just go on my merry way and finish out what I can in the remainder of the game.

Thanks again, for the help~

dh