Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 10:27 PM   #31
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Just missed you then. Oh well.

Regarding your slugs, have you thought of teaching them tricks? Maybe you could have a slug circus? Hmmmm . . . It would be hard, I'm sure, but damned impressive if you could pull it off.

Your house sounds like mine. I leave the spiders alone in their webs up in the corners. We have a wildlife friendly house.

Used to feed a wild raccoon that came up on our porch, by hand. But my friggin neighbor shot him. God I was pissed.

Diogenes!! Gosh, I've missed you! My house is spiderful, as well - and I used to be a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool arachnophobe as well! I've had this whacking great wolf spider lurking in the corner of the ceiling above my computer for several weeks. And my computer is in my bedroom.

I'd've been about the raccoon, as well. I'd've felt guilty as anything for encouraging it close enough to the house for the neighbour to be able to take pot-shots at it. I don't know how people can DO things like that.

I'm off to bed now, as well. Glad you're back!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 03:47 AM   #32
Har'oloth
Manshoon

If you think you are the mother of baby slug's than you really need a LONG holiday!

------------------
Old 10-04-2001, 05:37 AM   #33
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Diogenes!! Gosh, I've missed you! My house is spiderful, as well - and I used to be a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool arachnophobe as well! I've had this whacking great wolf spider lurking in the corner of the ceiling above my computer for several weeks. And my computer is in my bedroom.

I always leave spiders in the house - not like we have any poisonous ones here, after all.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-04-2001, 06:37 AM   #34
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

Regarding your slugs, have you thought of teaching them tricks? Maybe you could have a slug circus? Hmmmm . . . It would be hard, I'm sure, but damned impressive if you could pull it off.

Had a big, mommy to sluggy talk with the babies last night. We bonded big time.

I'm happy to report that they've totally seen the error of their way (it's all ignorance you know... but then, they're only small) and have promised to stop eating each other up in favour of nice leaves.

So now I'm on a contract to provide tasty spinach each and every day.

Not sure what they're going to do when they finally leave the bath. One has definite ambitions to go into slug muggling, but did not have the vocabulary to explain what that meant, for which I am truly thankful. Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-04-2001, 06:46 AM   #35
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
[I have totally caught the opposite ends of your writings.Thats all. I told everyone I liked Green Peace from the begining and now I like it even more Hmmm. You surprise me in your actions. I would mix together my own different thoughts and come up with something totally different. reserved, and I guess kind of non-threatening.?? Thats just plain unfair

Greenpeace is cool. I like it a lot. Lots of opportunities to play and have a good time, whilst doing something positive.

At our recent fund raising, I raised £65 in an hour by standing on one leg and laughing. People were queueing up to put money in my tin... bizarrely. Faced with an inanely grinning cheetah, I'd run a mile....

(I had to do something quick - I was supposed to be raising money all morning, and I spent most of it talking to friends. I'm quite competitive, and didn't just want to come up with a measly few pounds, I wanted to raise MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE ELSE so resorted to doing illegal things to attract attention .. When fundraising for GP, you're not even supposed to shake the tin... Huh. How much fun is that?

But re what you said - part of me is very serious, thoughful, quiet and reserved. Then I have the other part that is outgoing and likes to play. I guess both come across in my writing?? Maybe a tad confusing....

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-04-2001, 08:13 AM   #36
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Silver Cheetah: Have great fun with your slugs, dear. I 'adopt' all kinds of things. I had a 'pet' wolf spider in my bathroom when I was a teenager. I brought it carpenter ants from outside and dropped them in its web because there weren't any bugs in the bathroom. It really freaked my Aunt out when she came for a visit one day. She's a BIG arachnophobe. I had to make her promise not to kill it (but it was RIGHT BESIDE the loo!)

LadyZ: Might I suggest some of that foam-stuff??? If you have a crack and they are getting in that way, get some - I think it's called 'Great Stuff'. It comes in a can and it is for things just like filling those kind of gaps and cracks. It comes out like thick whipped cream (?) then hardens almost solid. It also acts as a great extra bit of insulation. But don't get it on anything you don't want it on - it'll never come off.

Diogenes: I'm so sorry to hear about that sweet raccoon. People can be so stupid sometimes. We had a 'community' dog up until last year. You know, the strays that take up with many people and therefore have several homes? One day, he showed up at my door with what looked like bullet holes through both back legs. I nursed him back to health, but he was ever a wanderer. One day, he left and has never come back. I'm quite sure the cretin with the happy trigger finger finally finished poor Yellow Dog. Personally, if I knew the identity of the shooter, I'd have reported him.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-04-2001, 08:28 AM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Goodnight everyone, gotta go feed my other addiction. This particular specimen is called The Amber Spyglass, of the Dark Materials trilogy. Ooh, the antippppp ation...

Sorry for going offtopic, but I noticed you're reading His Dark Materials! My boyfriend just started reading me the first volume...I'm hooked! Nice to see someone else reading the novels, although I suppose they're quite popular, aren't they? Weve only just started, I just discovered Miss Coulter and Lord Asriel are Lyra's mom and dad (could've seen that one coming ), so don't spoil me please!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-04-2001, 09:55 AM   #38
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Sorry for going offtopic, but I noticed you're reading His Dark Materials! My boyfriend just started reading me the first volume...I'm hooked! Nice to see someone else reading the novels, although I suppose they're quite popular, aren't they? Weve only just started, I just discovered Miss Coulter and Lord Asriel are Lyra's mom and dad (could've seen that one coming ), so don't spoil me please!
Great trilogy. Actually, the first one isn't as good as number 2. Three I can't comment on cos I only just started it. Apparently there was a big hoo ha in America about them (dunno how big) because of the ... oh, I can't say, because it'll give the game away! Suffice it to say it was to do with this portrayal of the 'church'.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-04-2001, 02:06 PM   #39
tracey
Manshoon

eeee, chuck,

slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails (boys eh?)

seems to sum the situation up with your weeny phobias.

i shall pop in over the weekend and bring them some special squishy lettuce since you're too mean yo buy them expensive exotic leaves. they will love me (and no, i shan't be taking them home with me)

are they chatty? i quite fancy lying on the floor conversing with the little sweeties.

speak tcha later, bab.

------------------
offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-04-2001, 02:13 PM   #40
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
eeee, chuck,

slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails (boys eh?)

seems to sum the situation up with your weeny phobias.

i shall pop in over the weekend and bring them some special squishy lettuce since you're too mean yo buy them expensive exotic leaves. they will love me (and no, i shan't be taking them home with me)

are they chatty? i quite fancy lying on the floor conversing with the little sweeties.

speak tcha later, bab.

Eh what? What you on about? They aren't weeny phobias, they're baby slugs! Go back and read it properly !!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati