Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 04:39 AM   #1
Zarthander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just got the quest from the dwarf guy in the Underdark to kill this demon and fill up a big hole or something. I can't kill this guy. I've tried every strategy I could think of, the bastard just won't die. Any ideas?
Old 09-07-2001, 06:04 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

My party (Me/Link - barbarian, Minsc, Jaheira, Keldorn, Aerie, Imoen) killed the demon after 4 times. I placed my mages (Imoen and Aerie) at the far end of the hole, cos the demon shows up at the other end. Then I made Jaheira summon two Fire Elementals, and placed the rest of the team (Link, Keldorn, Minsc, Jaheira, and the FE's) in a circle around the hole. The demon shows up, stunning just one or two persons. The rest will attack him, and Aerie and Imoen shot him with spells (Lower Resistance!!).. That's how i did it.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 06:08 AM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I used the Kai ability of my kensai to hit the demon (to play safe, I always use +2 or better weapons against more powerful enemies). Also got Viconia to cast blade barrier before the demon appeared. Imoen and Jan were at the back shooting at the demon and lowering its resistance. Poor Minsc and Jaheira were knocked out though.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:14 AM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I used the Kai ability of my kensai to hit the demon (to play safe, I always use +2 or better weapons against more powerful enemies). Also got Viconia to cast blade barrier before the demon appeared. Imoen and Jan were at the back shooting at the demon and lowering its resistance. Poor Minsc and Jaheira were knocked out though.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:21 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Did you hit the submit reply button twice, mistral4543??

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 06:28 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarthander:
I just got the quest from the dwarf guy in the Underdark to kill this demon and fill up a big hole or something. I can't kill this guy. I've tried every strategy I could think of, the bastard just won't die. Any ideas?
can you hurt him at all? if you cannot, then something about your weapon is wrong

if you can hurt it, then you can kill it!

Old 09-07-2001, 06:29 AM   #7
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Protection from Evil radius, it worked with my party. Clerics do alot of good damage against demons

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)
Old 09-07-2001, 08:11 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

And not to forget: Bolt of Glory.. It helped me with the Demon Knights!!!!

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 02:45 PM   #9
Zarthander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tips guys. Haven't quite beaten him yet, but I'm getting there. So far I've gotten him down to badly injured. It's the stun effect that he uses thats really killing me. My main character (archer) has no effect on the creature, even with a +3 bow, 3 attacks per rounds and arrows of piercing. I don't understand why that wouldn't have any effect. Also, he kills my elementals and nymphs and even my wyrven in a matter of a few rounds. I'm gonna keep trying and trying though. Like all beasties, he must fall sometime!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:53 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

IIRC, Arrows of Piercing is either non-enchanted or +1 ammunition.

You need to use the white and yellow colour, +2 Arrows.

What level Clerics and Mages do you have? Animate Dead is a great spell if they are Lvl 15 and above. Skeleton Warriors are highly magic resistant so they will most probably shrug off the stun spells.

Clerics can also cast Remove Paralysis, a Lvl 2 clerical spell. Dispel Magic can also remove held effects.

Try casting Lower Resist and Greater Malison on the Demon, then bombard it with Magic Missile, to help your fighters.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart