Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 04:22 PM   #81
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Okay, personally I think America did land on the moon. But I'm a never-say-never kind of person so I will concede that it is possible, if improbable, that the lunar landing was faked. I can see the US would be VERY anxious to be the first on the moon at that time. But I think they did manage it.

As for aliens, well, I definitely believe there are aliens out there. And it is certainly possible that they have visited Earth, or even lived on it. It is likewise possible that some governments know for certain that aliens have visited/lived here. Why wouldn't they tell us? I think that's obvious - as a people, we're not ready for that kind of information. Information of this sort would affect every single person in the world. Let's not forget that technological and philosophical advancements have not made their way all over the world yet. To a great proportion of the earth, the concept of intelligent aliens is going too far too fast. Then even in the more 'advanced' nations there are many people of who are too old, too traditional, too whatever to be able to comfortably handle such a concept. Still more people have watched too many sci-fi movies and would grab the nearest shotgun and go alien hunting. Let's not also forget that this would a huge number of strongly religious peoples into chaos.
What percentage of the world's population do you really think would be able to handle such a fact (if it is true)? How many could say "Great! Welcome! C'mon in and enjoy the planet and it's nice to meet you!"? How many would want an alien as a neighbour? Their child's teacher? A friend?

No, I don't believe we are yet ready for this. And if the government DID have contact with aliens, they would surely realize this as well. As our world becomes a more global community and more and more of the population has access to new technology and new ideas, we will be more and more prepared. Look at the wide-open minds of our younger generations, and how different they are from only a couple of generations ago. We are beginning as a people to truly embrace new ideas and philosophies, and to think more individually. I think it's only a matter of a couple of generations before we ARE ready for this type of knowledge. I hope I'm still around when we do first make alien contact - it would be absolutely fascinating.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #82
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

now i see it! donut is part of a worlwide conspiracy to cover the fact that all dogs are genetically altered cats!!!

You caught him! HAHA! I've been after this one for months! Personally, I still say Elvis is in Atlanta but nobody will listen! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2002, 06:20 PM   #83
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

You caught him! HAHA! I've been after this one for months! Personally, I still say Elvis is in Atlanta but nobody will listen! [img]smile.gif[/img]

OK! That's not funny!

ELVIS IS ALIVE!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #84
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

OK! That's not funny!

ELVIS IS ALIVE!!!!!!!

of course he is. I CLONED HIM!!!! I am the Conspiracy - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Old 02-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #85
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

of course he is. I CLONED HIM!!!! I am the Conspiracy - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

NO WAY! I AM! You have to share..cuz..*whisper* Elvis is an alien!

Sorry SecretMaster, but I really have a hard time accepting your story. Like Donut says, no answers, no proof.. hard to swallow!

Cloudy
Old 03-02-2002, 03:05 AM   #86
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Everyone knows Armstong's first words as he stepped onto the moon's surface. Does anyone know what his next words were? It went something like this: (Tone of surprise) "It's firm!" Quite an embarrassment to the evolutionary biologist community; but somehow you don't hear much about it.

Yes, it meant it's a young moon. Too young for the evolutionary theory to be correct, as there wasn't enough time to get from single celled amoeba to human being.

Back to the drawing board guys.

http://www.hughwilson.com