Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
JeraalMordeth
Dungeon Master

So after playing a mage for my first pass through the game I decided to play something totally different. I made an Elvish Archer character. I increased the difficulty to Insane. I got a God roll, 92 points, on stats (after clicking reroll about 20 times) so this is what I made

Str: 17
Dxt: 19
Con: 17
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Chr: 12

Prof:
Long Bow: Grandmastery
S. Sword: Proficient
two weapon style: 2 points(automatic, wasted really)

Racial Enemy: Beholder(mistake, they are weak to peircing anyway)

Anyway this guy has been a house so far even on the highest level. After working through Irenicus' Dungeon and all of Chapter II he accounts for 80% of the party's totall kills and 75% of their experience. I know late in the game mages start getting silly powerful, but this is just ridiculous. In the scene where you got into Irenicus' room and the golems attack you I killed one of them before it even got within melee range of my party! I only had one reload so far and it was because of a power surge!
JeraalMordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:04 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by JeraalMordeth:
I got a God roll, 92 points, on stats (after clicking reroll about 20 times) so this is what I made

Only 20 times, you lucky git lol. Thats the sort of roll I take hours trying get
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #3
Bremen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's pretty impressive. I've played an Elven archer in a party before, but I know many have soloed an archer. When I finish my current game, I'll probably go back and solo for the first time, and I'm thinking about using an archer.