Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever tried to pick up/chat up your girlfriend/wife in public?
Yes 47 72.31%
No 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:

At first i felt like i had to build a wall around her to keep all the guys away, but you only make a fool of yourself when you do that. It's all up to Taryn in this case. What's her reaction to all these guys trying to get her attention ? Does she make it clear she has a boyfriend ?
Yes, that's no problem...she's friendly, she's not snobby at all, and she always has time for anyone who talks to her - obviously it's flattering, but no, she won't let them sleaze on to her, which is good. A few years ago she struggled to let people down gently, without hurting their feelings - that's when I told her who cares about someone's feelings if he's sleazing on to you, if he's being nice and courteous, then by all means be courteous back, but if he's being a sleaze then you have no obligation to be nice.

Quote:
You probably feel like you wanna crack some skulls every time you go out and things like that happen. Well, i know how you feel, but don't give in to that feeling. You'll be fighting an endless battle, cause next time you go out, others will be lining up, and the whole thing starts all over again. You just don't have girls like that completely for yourself when you go out. Unless you lock her up inside your house, better get used to it. These are things you can't moderate.
That's why I don't care so much now - you just end up looking like a jealous little sh!t, plus I have better things to do when I go out than be someone's watchdog, and in any case there's no law that says you can't talk to people. I talk to other girls all the time (though I generally don't try to crack on ). It's just funny that they all try and have a go, that's all.

[ 07-13-2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-13-2003, 11:12 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
In that case you have nothing to worry about. Just sit on the side, be amused, and feel proud.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:17 AM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

you could always go out with someone no one wants , then you could have her all to your selff [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but like johnny said, be proud other men find her attractive, it means she is a good person to keep, and the fact she does not give in to the flirting means she likes you, not them
Old 07-13-2003, 11:30 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

At risk of turning this into a poll about me (which it isn't ), I'm not worried or anything, like I said it's happened to me with girls before - just never this much. I just thought that it happening practically every single time you go out, and often multiple times each time, was a bit...excessive, that's all. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Interested to see the results so far...a lot of people seem to get amused and pissed off at the same time when this happens to them. Hope to get some more feedback! And which bugger said that he kicked the crap out of someone who tried to do it to his/her partner?!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #15
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I just laugh and put my arm around her or something, she'll usually respond by pecking me on the cheek then they usually mope away. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #16
Grendal
Manshoon

I would agree with Stormy. By the pictures she looks like a beautiful lady, and if I have read this (and other) posts right you guys are pretty new to each other. Shes been putting up with this attention for alot longer than you have been around but she picked you! Go with it, sit back and smile, and be proud of the fact that your girl can draw so much attention!
Old 07-13-2003, 08:54 PM   #17
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

The awkward situations where this has happened to me, my wife has been totally oblivious that she was being "hit on." I'm usually the one who mentions something like, "You know that guy was hitting on you." Her honest reply is usually "No, he wasn't." Followed by a "You think he was?"

I used to have a jealous reaction, but over the years I've come to realize that I have nothing to worry about. My wife is a very social person, but flirting with other guys is something she would never intentionally do. On the other hand, flirting with me . . .

We've been married for almost 9 years and our relationship couldn't be stronger.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #18
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I really don't worry about any bloke trying to chat up the girl I'm seeing. It's happened to me several times - I get back from the bathroom in some bar and this opportunistic guy is sitting there, chatting away to my girl. The way I see it is, I know there's a ninety-nine percent chance my girlfriend's going to stay faithful and tell this chap to sod off after ten minutes or so. Even if the one-percent option comes to pass, and she were to come up to me and say 'Alex, I prefer this guy, I'll see you around,' I'd be philosophical and think 'well, then it wasn't meant to be.' I try not to overcomplicat matters of the heart.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I really don't worry about any bloke trying to chat up the girl I'm seeing. It's happened to me several times - I get back from the bathroom in some bar and this opportunistic guy is sitting there, chatting away to my girl. The way I see it is, I know there's a ninety-nine percent chance my girlfriend's going to stay faithful and tell this chap to sod off after ten minutes or so. Even if the one-percent option comes to pass, and she were to come up to me and say 'Alex, I prefer this guy, I'll see you around,' I'd be philosophical and think 'well, then it wasn't meant to be.' I try not to overcomplicat matters of the heart.
Wise words, unfortunately you're not always in control of that.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:28 AM   #20
Jan

Don't have that problem and never had. Single and always been.

As Arledrian (indirectly mentioned) I'll use this as a test. If she (the girlfriend) sends the buttheads away then she passed the test and everything's fine but if not.... Bye bye that's it.