Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-17-2001, 08:50 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to the GRAND OPENING of Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

* this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 08:54 PM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One American please, a strong double mocha latte with two shots of espresso. And Cloudy, thanks. I've been wanting this for awhile.

Have I told you why I love the IronWorks? It's because of places like this.

Now, I'm thinking of doing a Walt Whitman discussion in the Book Forum. What do you think?

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 09:02 PM   #3
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc wanders in carrying a guitar case. I would dearly love a big pot of Assam please. Cloudy is this the sort of coffee shop where you can sing a few songs to celebrate old favourites?

Well it's father's day and mine is 12,000 miles away, and I miss him. Just lost my father in law six weeks ago as well so its a bit of a double whammy. Dont worry, I am doing OK but just a bit sad. Is anyone else here in the same position?

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-17-2001, 09:05 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hello all! Hello Cloudbringer!
What a lovely cafe!
Converse...well I will converse a little about:
A day in the life!
Today I wish that time moved much slower. Then I would
be able to: Even more so than already enjoy the beautiful day that is occurring as I post. Today the sun and the trees have infected me with good hearted nature loving vibrations!
My cat Sid has been giving me the unconditional love that only our
animal friends can provide. I have conquered half of Japan in the game of
Shogun: Total War, that I have been playing. My generals are honorable men
whose tactics in battle are the stuff of legend.
I am filled with a hope and joy that cannot be quenched and would like
to share a poem:
Breezy leaves pass,
Dusty clouds swirling fast,
My heart burtsting love.
Thanks everyone!
Old 06-17-2001, 09:17 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
kiwidoc wanders in carrying a guitar case. I would dearly love a big pot of Assam please. Cloudy is this the sort of coffee shop where you can sing a few songs to celebrate old favourites?

Well it's father's day and mine is 12,000 miles away, and I miss him. Just lost my father in law six weeks ago as well so its a bit of a double whammy. Dont worry, I am doing OK but just a bit sad. Is anyone else here in the same position?

I would love to hear some of your songs kiwidoc. I just through playing some Sabbath tunes my self

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer
Old 06-17-2001, 09:24 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One American please, a strong double mocha latte with two shots of espresso. And Cloudy, thanks. I've been wanting this for awhile.

Have I told you why I love the IronWorks? It's because of places like this.

Now, I'm thinking of doing a Walt Whitman discussion in the Book Forum. What do you think?

Hello, RudeDawg! I'm still understaffed so it's a help yourself coffee bar today! And if you can ask for it ,we probably have it!! If not, all I need to do is ask some of our readers out there- YOOHOOO, lurkers? Anyone got some good coffees or teas to offer my establshment?

Walt Whitman? Well I'd be interested in seeing that one. Read him in HS , of course, but not recently, sorry to say.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-17-2001, 09:26 PM   #7
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Hello, RudeDawg! I'm still understaffed so it's a help yourself coffee bar today! And if you can ask for it ,we probably have it!! If not, all I need to do is ask some of our readers out there- YOOHOOO, lurkers? Anyone got some good coffees or teas to offer my establshment?

Walt Whitman? Well I'd be interested in seeing that one. Read him in HS , of course, but not recently, sorry to say.

Cloudy

Sorry, Cloudy, but I don't drink coffe or tea, so I can't help you out there...

How ya been everyone?

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 09:29 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Kiwidoc! I'm sorry to hear of your loss .... never is easy, is it?

And fathers day, well, my own dad is several hundred miles away, but I spoke to him yesterday. Lucky for me he has a cell phone at the lake! He's the most precious person in my life and I don't see him nearly enough...sigh. Hmmm... I may have to absent myself from the Cafe for a few weekends and go VISIT him!
Glad you mentioned this, kiwidoc. We sometimes take the people in our lives for granted til we lose them.

And sing/play! We'd love it. Sigh......... Welcome to the comfiest spot in the ether

Cloudy, mellow hostess

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #9
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the caring Cloudy. I am sure losing Les made me value my own Dad that much more. We should never take people we care about for granted as we don't know how long we have got them for. Make the most of every moment, and treasure the good ones. Sounds really trite, but it is so true.

Grand-Ranger you asked for one of my songs, you got it. Its not exactly Sabbath. Most of the songs I write are wistful, melancholy or just plain sad. This is a song about leavings and might have beens, set on the West Coast of Ireland.

You can hear this song if you like
mp3 version http://www.drhope.fsnet.co.uk/Burren.mp3
RealPlayer extract http://www.drhope.fsnet.co.uk/Burren.rm

Introduces a man with a fiddle - everyone, this is Adam Shapiro, fab fiddler and all round nice bloke!

Where the Burren meets the sea

On the wild rocky coast of Clare a fair place I have seen,
Where rocks bare and broken form landscapes from a dream,
Where stones raised up long ago whisper tales to me
By the wild roses growing where the Burren meets the sea.

A young woman stands alone at dawning of the day,
Rememb'ring his gentle smile when she heard him say,
"I will meet you tomorrow love if you wait for me
By the wild roses growing where the Burren meets the sea."

Her young man he comes to her at noontide of the day.
"There is gold for the taking love, I am bound away.
I will make of you a rich man's wife if you wait for me
By the wild roses growing where the Burren meets the sea."

An old woman sits alone at ending of the day,
Watching the tall ships sail out from Galway Bay.
And he never did return to her waiting faithfully
By the wild roses growing where the Burren meets the sea.

On the wild rocky coast of Clare a fair place I have seen,
Where rocks bare and broken form landscapes from a dream,
Where stones raised up long ago whisper tales to me
By the wild roses growing where the Burren meets the sea

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-17-2001, 09:47 PM   #10
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Jus popped in to say hello to all, esp, Cloudy (you don't mind the name 'Cloudy', do you?).
As I nurse my (real life) coffee, I just want to say that Ironworks is one of the best forums I've visited.
Thanks, all, for making it so!