Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #1
sealady
Welcomed New User

I cannot get past the prince and rapax templers. I did not have this problem with my first game. My party will not heal itself or out run them to get to the cave. HELP!!!! I have all my spells up. And with so many I cannot get away from them.

HELP SEALADY!!!
sealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

Ummm... some more info about your party?
Fiend of the 9 Worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
Flamestryke
The Magister

Well as Fiend requested more information about the party would be helpful. One thing you might try though is having as many party members as you can hurl canned elementals or summon them. They might occupy enough of the army's attention to let you put your back against a wall.

If you push the party up against any of the mountain side your darling daughter will not have enough room to summon more enemies against you.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Oh, are you on AP? I never have to fight the "Rapax army". If you go up there with only one of the final items at a time, they don't appear. If you have already got more than one, put the other(s) in a chest.

[ 08-20-2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:38 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hi Sealady, and Welcome!
If you are at Ass Peak, let us know what your party is made up of.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
Kylospylon
The Magister

Scatter,

I wouldn't miss that fight for the world. For me that battle with the Rapax army is the climax of the game. Once I beat them, I just plug in the Astral Dominae and head for the Cosmic Circle to dispose of that miniscule flea who calls himself "The Dark Savant".

Farseer,

I've been to Ass Peak and I was totally disappointed, it's blatent false advertising.

Sealady,

I'm afraid if you can't run away, and you are outmatched by the Templars, there's not much anyone can do.

My Advice:
Pull out all the stops, use everything you've been saving, empty the charges on all your Healing Amulets, surely one of your party members can get through to a safe region, so you can live to fight another day. Or Reload a Save Game. It may just be that your current party isn't as powerful as your last one, so you may want to come back to that fight later.
Kylospylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

What do you mean Kylospylon, how was Ass peak advertised?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:00 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I must play a different game.
In my experience, the rapax army on the peak is weaker than most random encounters in the rapax castle, and much much weaker than the fight in the away camp. The ones at AP seem to be fix, and quite low level. So they are very vulnerable to spells. I only can assume you could have troubles with melee only parties.

In my last game, the bard casted freeze all twice, and all but one group (and the prince and your love-child) were frozen.

In an earler game, a 4 hybrid party going for powercast, i killed them with spells only. The rapax fell easy, the only things that lasted some time were the molten scorchers and the deathwings that joined the battle.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 AM   #9
Kylospylon
The Magister

Depends when you finish the game I think. I find the Rapax Away Camp easier, since you only fight a handful of Rapax at a time. I don't usually have that much trouble with the Rapax Peak Army, but combat always takes a long time. I don't think it is the hardest fight in the game, but for me it's always the climax.

Hardest battle's always some random critters 3+ levels your senior. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kylospylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

It is quite helpful to have Magic Nectar, stamina boost item(s) for bard and gadgeteer, and good weapons (tripleshot crossbow with lightning bolts is handy) - and I've never tried it without having at least two in my party able to summon elementals, then buff the elementals with element shield, haste, enchant blade, etc.
And Turncoat for any elementals that THEY summon is extra fun too (Banish can hit an elemental where it hurts too). Even so, it'll be a long fight - know who needs to be silenced, and try to paralyse whoever the elementals go after to help them too...Eye for an Eye can be quite effective also.