Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

i have had the boots of speed for a little while and i have been using them on my thief (Imoen). now all of a sudden when i put them on her her movement speed is the same as if they are off. if i put them on another character they work fine. anybody have any suggestions?

by the way....imoen isn't under any slow spells or cursed or hindered by weight!
GodzGift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:27 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

have u got the latest patch? It sounds a bit like a bug.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

She's not wearing a ring of free action as well, is she? That should negate the effects of the boots of speed, but doesn't always depending on which one of them you equip first. That is a bug.

[ 09-08-2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

the latest version of BG + TOTSC still didn't fix this bug. yes, paired with ring of free action, after certain time, the boots of speed just didn't work anymore (not immediately).
Old 09-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #5
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
She's not wearing a ring of free action as well, is she? That should negate the effects of the boots of speed, but doesn't always depending on which one of them you equip first. That is a bug.
she does have the ring of free action but even with it off the boots still dont work.....it's not that big of a deal i guess..just a pain in the butt.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #6
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

ok i think i have this boots of speed issue straightened out. i doesn't help any just to remove the ring...i had to completely remove it from her inventory then the boots work...and yes it does make a difference which is equipped first. if the ring is equipped first then the boots wont work, but if the boots are equipped first then they will. then this raises another question....if i equip the boots first and then the ring....do i still get the free action??? it shows the icon for it on the small pic of the character but am i actually going to get the free action! something to ponder over.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by GodzGift:
ok i think i have this boots of speed issue straightened out. i doesn't help any just to remove the ring...i had to completely remove it from her inventory then the boots work...and yes it does make a difference which is equipped first. if the ring is equipped first then the boots wont work, but if the boots are equipped first then they will. then this raises another question....if i equip the boots first and then the ring....do i still get the free action??? it shows the icon for it on the small pic of the character but am i actually going to get the free action! something to ponder over.
as long as the icon is there I think the free action is active. however, as I recall, even you get it work again (boots first and then the ring), after some time, the boots will stop working agian.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #8
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

Thank you all for the assistance....much appreciated!
Old 09-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by teardropmina:
quote:
Originally posted by GodzGift:
as long as the icon is there I think the free action is active. however, as I recall, even you get it work again (boots first and then the ring), after some time, the boots will stop working agian. [/QUOTE]IIRC, it's after you save and load the game.