Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Question Mark Best movie you've seen this year?

Well, we're halfway through 2009 and I am yet to be "blown away" by any movie. 2008 was a great year for films, I guess the economy weighs in on the industry quite a bit also. Anyone seen anything good that I may have missed?

Some of the more memorable and hyped-up movies I have seen this year (some were released at the end of 2008) are...

Star Trek. Good movie, nice reboot, not a bad thing to say about it but it didn't knock me off my seat or anything.

Wolverine. Okay but somewhat dissapointing, and almost boring at times. Same ole formula.

Twilight. Terrible. I watched it looking for vampires and I got a teen-girl movie. Laughable and funny without intending to be. Alot of publicity but no delivery.

Slumdog Millionaire. Awesome. Great movie, touching story and kinda true-to-life vibe about it. Deserving of the awards and hype surrounding it.

Terminator Salvation. Not what I wanted it to be, a little cliche too. Still it is watchable especially if you're a fan of the Terminator movies. Probably should have been in the place of Terminator 3.

Anyone else got some good titles worth (or not worth) watching? Feel free to praise and /or bitch about them!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Re: Best movie you've seen this year?

Boy, I've seen some good ones this year.

Star Trek and Wolverine, of course. We also rented a few which, which we knew little about, but were very good. They may have been from last year though.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Well, when Transformers comes out...

Terminator isn't out over here for a few days yet, and I'm not into illegal copies.

I enjoyed Star Trek. Haven't seen Wolverine or Slumdog Millionaire.

My friends forced me to watch Twilight. Now, I've never been a fan of chick flicks. In fact, I invent excuses so I don't have to see them. But I have never hated any film so much as I hate Twilight. Maybe it's just me, but my idea of a good time is not watching a couple of randoms snogging. I think he should have bitten her; it would have made a better story.

Harry Potter should be coming out soon. Wonder how good that will be. Or you could go and see Lesbian Vampire Killers. I haven't read any reviews, but it might be good for a laugh.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Didn't he bite her in the end? I don't remember, as the film itself was so rubbish that it was, to say the least, forgettable. The dude shoulda stayed as a backup actor in the Harry Potter series.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Well I'm wondering if we'll have another awesomefest like 2007 with No Country For Old Men, the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and There Will Be Blood, but so far Star Trek has been cool. A few logical failures but at least not as bad as the whole artificialness that came before. Wolverine was an absolute failure, it felt so out of the whole X Men thing as in the other three flicks, which were okay.

2008 wasn't as good as far as I care. The only thing remotely interesting were the comic book movies, 'nuff said. Still gotta see Benjamin Button though...
Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I know what I won't be seeing this year, at any rate.

New Moon, next movie in the Twilight saga. If I have to move to the other side of the world and spend the rest of my life on Mount Everest to avoid this movie, I will. Or maybe I will hide in the Bermuda Triangle. Either way, I am not going to see it.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Star Trek - YAY this really rocked me - nice to see they could to this without really making a mess of it - MORE MORE MORE

Wolverine - Okay I guess though the story could have been much better and seeing Ryan Reynolds in such a small part made me cry.

Angels & Demons - What a "&¤/# movie - it was predictible all the way through, Tom Hanks should be able to do better movies.

Comming soon.

Transformers 2 - I need to see this, I liked the first one ( Meggie Foxie is HOT ) and there was plenty of action.

Harry Potter 6 - Well from all I have seen so far its darker and more devious I LIKE - I think this one will most likely be the best of the year for me.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #8
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Definitely liking the look of Transformers 2. Trailer is really good, the graphics look fantastic. I wish it would come out right now so I could spend the rest of the long weekend watching it, along with other movies I need to see.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Best movie? I dont think i could name one best movie. A list of a few to watch though, i could do that.

-Public Enemies
-Transformers 2
-G.I. Joe
-Terminator Salvation
-Wolverine
-I love You Man
-Land of the Lost
-Fast and Furious

I havent seen too many new movies, but i'll put more up when i get around to it.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ugh, I thought Transformers 2 was utterly terribad. It was pretty much the same movie as part 1 also.

District 9, anyone seen this one yet? Quite good, interesting to watch and more "real" than most alien movies.

Harry Potter was great too, I think it's out on DVD now for those who missed it in theatres.

I am looking forward to this "2012" movie also, quite a bit of hype around it.