Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Is there any way to protect my characters from those south east wilderness death lord's death wish spell? While I'm pounding away those elemental's that those 6 cultists created. These two blasted death lord keep on casting those death wish. My god this spell is killing my characters with such efficiency!

edit : if only I can remember how I manage to go through this part in my earlier games.

[ 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Divine protection. If you don't have Magic Screen and Soul Shield, get some Amulets of Healing!

Eye for an Eye will kill all the Elementals and Cultists when the DL's cast Death Wish.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

I actually reached the Temple last night and I used a Sonic Boom spell to get their attention (while out of sight) and then cast Soul Shield and Element Shield while the rest of the party used Eye for an Eye potions.

Still had one death because of Death Wish but, as Scatter says, it quickly eleminates the Cultists and Elementals so it was just a case of rushing into melee range and killing the Queen and Death Lords.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You want to use a ring of Breezes or equivalant spell. It will end all those nasty spells effects.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Hooray!! Finally I manage to kill them all. It was really a tough fight. Here's the story ( I just feel like telling them [img]tongue.gif[/img] )..

This is what I did, I hid behind the wall and wait for them to come while I priest casted superman to my fighter and soul shield in the next round. On third round the death wish spells started to appear on my screen and this time I charged forward. Oh my sweet god those 2 death lord was just few paces away. My fighter in berserk mode plus Vi and my ranger manage to deal mega damage at the death lord ( but couldn't kill it ). My gadgeteer used the heal all gadget to recuperate all the lost hp while my priest casted stamina on the gadgeteer. Still no problem here.

On fourth round , things started to get worse. While my fighter managed to kill one of the death lord. The other death lord death wish managed to kill my ranger and knock Vi unconscious. The cultist meanwhile manage to paralyse my gadgeteer and insanity strucked my priest which mean I'm out of healer. One of the cultists elemental charged in and blocked the path between me and the death lord.

On fifth round, my fighter killed off the elemental ( the one who block the path bewteen me and the death lord ) but the death lord retaliated and his death wish killed off RFS-81 and my ninja. Meanwhile, the sorceress queen and her cultist pounded my characters with spells and it brought their hps to a dangerously low ( except for my fighter who still have lots of hp ).

On sixth round, I somehow manage to squeen it closer to the death lord. My fighter dealt mega damage to it. However, my samurai, the gadgeteer and my priest were killed as those barrage of spells finally took them down. Vi meanwhile was still unconscious.

Seventh round, this time my fighter finally landed the killing blow at the death lord ( I literally shouted with joy when this happened ). Vi returned but was soon knocked unconscious again as we were bombarded by spells.

Eight round, since those death lords were gone I decided to run away and fight again later. It took me nearly 10 more rounds ( as shown in my screenshot ) before I manage to free myself. My fighter and Vi earned 2600000++ exp. Good for Vi because she didn't go to bayjin.

After a few resurrection powder my party was up again and visited the sorceress queen and her cultist again. I managed to suprise them ( they couldn't summon any elementals ). I showed them no mercy.

This was what left of my party after our first battle with them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Variol: Purify Air has an effect on Death Cloud, but not Death Wish.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:50 PM   #7
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

Divide and conquer. I just went thru that castle (tried for days, losing everyone all too quickly several times - then load and try again).

Got right up to the edge of battle, started battle, Saxx did his thing, Gadgeteer used magic mirror, Magic Shield, Bless, and 'run' - first in, then back out again... some followed, Magic Mirror and Deathwish wiped out 3 cultists - the priestess was able to be silenced (once silenced, she moves in close...to my Ranger with Lightning bolts, Valkerie with Mystic Arrows, and Ninja with mystic arrows - gadgeteer shooting Medusa stones). Killed her and ran for our lives...
Leaving two Death Lords, who were not pursuing, so even camped to restore spell and healing.
Was able to seperate the death lords, and only suffer 3-4 deaths (amulet of Life is a good deal), the trick being to have everyone resurrected by battle end - to all gain Xp).
After that, the mummies and 3 other cultists left in the temple were easy picking...
Tip: Make sure EVERYONE is carrying ressurection powder because you don't know who'll die next...
My party had Vi and Saxx along with a Mook Ranger, Fairy Ninja, Fairy Valkerie, Mook Bard, fairy madge, and hobbit gadgeeter average level about 16 (before).
Old 03-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I never have more than 3 in my party. I give them all canned elementals and throw them in the first round. That usually takes some heat off.

I find I'm hit with death could more than death wish. Soul shield is probably good.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I never have more than 3 in my party. I give them all canned elementals and throw them in the first round. That usually takes some heat off.

I find I'm hit with death could more than death wish. Soul shield is probably good.