Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Remove2
Welcomed New User

Perplexed I want to re-play a classic issue...

I can't pick a game.

IWD and expansion
IWDII
BGII and expansion
Wizardry 8
PST

I have many new games, but I keep thinking about the classics. For example, I have Dragon Age: Origins and Aion as well as Borderlands all ready to rock.

I have not played Aion in a while. Borderlands is not even installed yet. I have started Dragon Age but I keep getting bit by the BG Nostalgia bug.

Any suggestions? Should I just play through DA:O? Install Borderlands or give Aion another go? Or should I just have a blast with one of the classics?

Thanks for help.

Happy New Year,

Last edited by Remove2; 12-31-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Remove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: I want to re-play a classic issue...

It depends what mood you're in. Borderland is a fun game but it's more of an action/shooter RPG hybrid. Why not play through Dragon Age first since you already have it installed?

How's Aion? I get the impression it's a grind heavy game like Lineage II and other Korean MMORPGS. What kind of MMORPG is it?
Old 01-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Aion was not that bad actually - but I definately missed the more complex character builds from WoW ( which I will never go back to as I was addicted for many years )
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Aion was fun, but it is kinda grindy if you're not into the PvP aspects. I think I did level an entire level on a day of PvP mayhem though. We made a death squad, and went around killing Elyos for something to do. Good times, unfortunately, I can't keep my sub going.

For me, however, DA has started taking up much of my time, either playing, or discussion on their social network, which I'm not overly fond of, but the discussions can be fun, for me anyway. If I were in your shoes, however, I would stick with DA, and play through at least once, which will, if you're anything like me, lead to at least one more to see how playing the origin as the opposite sex turns out, or how different choices made throughout the game affect what happens later, etc.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Borderlands will not be as much fun without people to play it with. Get yourself some friends to play over LAN (perhaps hamachi over internet) and avoid internet play because there is no cheat protection and an army of hackers.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Tacked Note Re: I want to re-play a classic issue...

I'd keep playing DA:O, soon the BG nostalgia wears off and the Game/World/Characters of DA stand very well on thier own.