Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-25-2002, 05:25 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
why would you need a gun ????
Old 04-25-2002, 05:31 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Sssh . To shoot things, silly [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Hmm, I'm not really up on my guns, and I've always wondered, with the .44 and all, how do you say it? Like is it just "forty-four", or "point four four", or what? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2002, 05:34 PM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I had the Desert Eagle .50 on layaway once for a GREAT price ($800)Unfortunatly I had to take my money back, was broke I've fird the .44 version, its fun and accurate. I seem to be a better shot with the higher caliber pistols for some reason. I'd say get the .50, its the one you want anyway right? You wont regeret it!I do have a Mini-14 assault rifle, bought a fiberglass stock and 30 and 40 round magazines. Fun to shoot yep!
Old 04-25-2002, 05:34 PM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Sssh . To shoot things, silly [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

[/QUOTE]Nah, they just want a really big gun. Probably to compensate for something else. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2002, 06:24 PM   #15
Helspanth
Quintesson

Go for the 0.50
Sheer power!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:29 PM   #16
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Personally I am a 9mm type of guy. The rounds are cheap to shoot which means you can practice more. Although it doesnt have the same stopping power as the two you mentioned the .44 and the .50 it does have less of a recoil which will allow you to fire closer two or three rounds bursts. a 9mm also allows you to fire more accurately at much greater the distance that the other two also if you get those bullets that spread open on impact. a round from a 9mm can open up as much as .54 so thats a pretty big hole. my adive would be go with a 9 if your just looking for self defense, but if you can afford it buy one of each. owning a .50 handgun would be cool, but honestly its not as useful as a trusty 9mm IMHO.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:30 PM   #17
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I'm looking at picking up a new handgun. I'm torn between a Desert Eagle .44 and a Desert Eagle .50. The .50 costs more to buy and the rounds cost more...but damn is it cool. The .44 is more sensible and costs less. I know I should go with the .44, but the lure of owning a 315 grain .50 caliber weapon... It's almost more then I can resist.
just remember, when you're going to shoot somebody, remember the .50 is the best...it's the strongest. Get the gold plated ones, they are SWEET. My brother has a .50, silver, but still cool as hell.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:31 PM   #18
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

sorry just read the other posts in that case go with either one you think you will most enjoy firing, probably the .50 desert eagle makes a good gun im sure you will be very happy with either weapon you purchase. also maybe look into a springfield arms .44 those a very nice as well.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:33 PM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
So that I can shoot.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 04-25-2002, 06:42 PM   #20
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I had the Desert Eagle .50 on layaway once for a GREAT price ($800)Unfortunatly I had to take my money back, was broke I've fird the .44 version, its fun and accurate. I seem to be a better shot with the higher caliber pistols for some reason. I'd say get the .50, its the one you want anyway right? You wont regeret it!I do have a Mini-14 assault rifle, bought a fiberglass stock and 30 and 40 round magazines. Fun to shoot yep!
The Mini-14 is a great weapon. One of my buddies has one. Still, my favorite assault rifle is the AR-15. I love the way that gun shoots.

Everybody I've spoken to, and it seems most of you, agree that the .50 is the way to go. What the hell. You only live once, right?
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition