Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 10:15 PM   #11
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

like helping demogorgon...... you made a bad move........

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-16-2001, 10:17 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Don't worry, Cloudy, I wasn't talking about you. At least you made an effort to stay on topic. Others, however....

But I'm not angry or anything. People can type whatever they want, I have no control over them. I just wanted to discuss a topic I found interesting.
Scott, I am glad you aren't angry about it, but it isn't unfair of you to wish it was on topic, as you are the one who started the thread. And it's not out of line to ask for it to go back to your topic if you feel there is more to discuss. So you are right to make note that it went off base if you like!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-16-2001, 10:23 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Moni, i speak from experience: a determined person wont let you take a break. ever.

i once tried to take a 2 week break from my gaming guild so i could relieve some stress, drop some of my bad habits, and let a big problem i had with them blow over. it started out well, but they kept pestering me through my instant message services. i got off of those, but they started hitting me through email. what started out as a two week vacation from myself turned into about a 3 day coffee break from monotonous daily life. if theyre determined, they wont let you rest until youve gone completely insane.
oh, and as a side note, ill support you if you need some help here, kay?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #14
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Excuse me Ziroc?

All was fine with me and Cloudy when I first got here until her online boyfriend BK flirted with me here and I flirted back, thinking it was all harmless. Ever since then I have been a victim of more abuse suffered at the hands of Ironworks members than I have had to tolerate since I lived at home!

Moni, I understand much of what you are saying. I put a post up not too long ago, trying to avoid what you are talking about. I asked if there was anyone on the board involved in relationships so that I wouldn't talk with them and upset anyone if a line was crossed. The thread was called 'I'm going to delete this quickly' OH BOY!!!!!! One person in particular said that I needed to delete this IMMEDIATELY. Saying that depended on WHAT I MEANT by 'talking'. Let me say this person wasn't happy at all. Another person accused me of being a gossip, or starting a gossip thread, something like that. Needless to say, I did what I said I was going to and deleted the post, but not before being disheartened.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that I"m NOT going to be driven off this board, and I wish you would stay too. Besides, who am I going to fight with if you leave?

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-16-2001, 10:29 PM   #15
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Now, I'm told you have something to say to me personally regarding something that has been going on today and I see also that Diogenes has quoted me and said I was unfair to Cloudy in my post when I don't think I said anything more to her directly than that she was "noble".

Moni, I am not out to get you or anything.

The language you used against Cloudy's vision of Christianity was quite harsh. You basically called her a fake hypocrite who only went to church as a public pretense.

I don't think that was an accurate version of what Cloudy really believes, as I understand it from what she has posted.

That's all.
Old 09-16-2001, 10:36 PM   #16
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Moni, i speak from experience: a determined person wont let you take a break. ever.

i once tried to take a 2 week break from my gaming guild so i could relieve some stress, drop some of my bad habits, and let a big problem i had with them blow over. it started out well, but they kept pestering me through my instant message services. i got off of those, but they started hitting me through email. what started out as a two week vacation from myself turned into about a 3 day coffee break from monotonous daily life. if theyre determined, they wont let you rest until youve gone completely insane.
oh, and as a side note, ill support you if you need some help here, kay?

Just to let you ALL know...she left as in GONE. What Z said was BS about her and Cloudy. Now I'm gone. All you people here at IW that don't drive people off...I hope you have good lifes and good fortune. To the others...I hope one day you get a life. Bye.

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-16-2001, 10:36 PM   #17
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I do not think I flamed anyone but please, if I did, don't hesitate to drop me a note and I'll gladly apologize to the other party. I try really hard to respect the views of others... even if I think that they are wrong and I realize that sometimes my views can be hard to some people.

and Moni, we know you didn't go directly after Cloudy, but it's not worth continuing. We've exchanged a few posts, I consider you a great friend but I think that you can let it go. Remember, you'll always get people that will not believe in what you say. Don't take it personnal even if they do. Hell, I've been call a "terrorist" and "crazy" by someone that I respect (250). I didn't take it personnaly and I certainly didn't go to flame him. He didn't, at the time, agree with my take on things and I didn't agree with his. That's all there's to it. Remember, it takes 2 to flame: You and the Other guy. Who's right and who's wrong? Who cares, you are BOTH fighting!!! Just a small observation from a friend (at least, I'd like to think that I'm).

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-16-2001, 10:49 PM   #18
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm sorry, too, Scott. I thought Kahn was having a joke with an anagram sig, and I wanted a laugh so I pointed it out and joined in what seemed to be harmless fun - then it went sour. I wish I had never noticed the anagram....

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 10:53 PM   #19
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

REALLY? I didn't noticed anything unusual... Curses! sorry to hear the trouble caused on your forum.... I honestly thought the Mod Squad is right on top of things...

though I had to delete a couple of threads because of misuse of my name (remember folks on this forum I'm always ADAM or adam warlock. Ok? call me by the other name by email only ok I really would appreciate it) annnnnnddd.. the misuse of the profanity word... (the zip problem thread I started)

ok folks while we are on the subject of deletion of threads
I have been asked this by email - the explaination of the deletion of the piccy threads at the other forum. the threads with humorous pics in them
I thought it's time to delete them to make room on Ziroc's server and I did promise that I'll delete them within a week ... and move the pics to my homepage that's all.

to add this for everyone:
ok now I see what's all this flaming coming from
all right let's all of us take one day off... because we are still recovering from the high emotions we have experienced since Tuesday...
We are angry, tired, frustrated, saddened, and distained by all this.... the mystery is not solved (yet)
now we must recover... learn... and grow
me, I'm going to check on my flowers.....

to edit again: may I ask why the mod squad are not deleting the useless threads? or the threads filled with hatred?
------------------

bad homepage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 11:25 PM   #20
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

O.K., I haven't gotten along all the time on this board with everyone! (Big surprise, eh ) But I don't want to see anyone leave (except Jake)... I have read over and over that our differences are what makes this a great board. After all, if we were all the same, wouldn't it get pretty boring around here?

I'm just interested to see, how everyone reacts to a member like moni, who has been here for quite awhile, leaving.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)