Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2001, 01:04 PM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, I think it's really too early to say good or bad. It is encouraging though. Also, Pakistan has put a freeze on terrorist funds. That may be the best way to attack them. Stop their funding. Only time will tell how things go.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 01:44 PM   #12
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Pakistan is in a very difficult situation. If they help America, they face war with Afghanistan and the Taliban. If they rufuse to help the US, they won't get nearly as much money as they get now (Pakistan is very dependent on US for cash). So the government wants to help America so they can keep getting their cash, but the population itself is very much against the US and all it stands for. So what would you do in their shoes? As you can see, it's a difficult situation for them.
I agree!
Let's not forget the "Begal Tiger" to Pakistan's south If India thought it was in their self-interests ie; drive a wedge between the USA and Pakistan I'd bet the farm they would do it. So we have the Pakistan Govt. by the short hairs. With luck this Ultamatum will produce Usama Bin Laden.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-16-2001, 01:55 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I heard that a guy placed a 1 Million dollar bounty on bin Ladins head. So now not only whole countrys will be after him mercanaires will be too.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"
Old 09-16-2001, 01:58 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

The USA has a 5 million dollar bounty already!

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:27 PM   #15
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

The Northern Alliance, Afghani rebels, Have offer to help. I beleive this are some of the folks that were fighting the USSR and were losing until the USA started giving them "Stinger missles" to shoot down the MI-24 Hinds attack helos.(maybe the wrong designation) 15,000 battle hardened troops, and an additional 15,000 reserves that KNOW THE LAY OF THE LAND.
I just love it when a plan comes together!

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 08:32 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Pakistan is in a very difficult situation. If they help America, they face war with Afghanistan and the Taliban. If they rufuse to help the US, they won't get nearly as much money as they get now (Pakistan is very dependent on US for cash). So the government wants to help America so they can keep getting their cash, but the population itself is very much against the US and all it stands for. So what would you do in their shoes? As you can see, it's a difficult situation for them.
yes they are in a tough spot, then again, if you have to have a country really PO'd at you who would you really rather have? The worlds only remaining super power? so some second rate country with a government that is only recognized by three other countries? The USA can do a lot to sweeten the pot for Pakistan to help them make their minds up.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-17-2001, 12:12 AM   #17
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Why the Pakistan Government wants to go to war, or is prepared to, with Afghanistan over a matter that the US are'nt even sure about, I have no idea.
They dont even know bin Laden did it!

------------------
Proud to be American