Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-17-2001, 02:10 PM   #11
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Do you get to go to the beach any, RBF, or is travel restricted outside of the base?

I don't know about hurricanes, but we're getting the best rain we've had today in North Texas in ages. It's pouring buckets out there, and heavens knows, we need it!

Yup, there are plenty of beaches on the base. In fact i'm supposed to go camping at hidden beach today. (It just isn't the same as a forest though.) I could go to a beach everyday if I liked. Unfortunately I don't swim to well, and am not to fond about the taste of salt water.

As long as the hurricane keeps on it's path, it'll miss us completely. It's heading straight to central America. So I, my computer, and everyone here is safe for now.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:19 PM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
I'm tak'n bets I say cat.3 boardline cat.4, 8-10 days Miss.-Alabama line. Winner gets bragg'n rights. All predictions can be submitted and changed until she makes her turn north.

I don't think it will turn north. My prediction is that it stays south of Cuba as a tropical depression or storm, then hits the gulf and gets upgraded to a Hurricane. I predict it hits the Texas coast line around Galveston at cat. 2, maybe 3. It is moving to fast to pick up a lot of energy from the warmer waters.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-17-2001, 02:26 PM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
As long as the hurricane keeps on it's path, it'll miss us completely. It's heading straight to central America. So I, my computer, and everyone here is safe for now.
Great news! It is good to know that you are safe and can still hang out here.
We had one helluva storm brew overhead last night...monstrous flashes of lightning and black clouds...it spit on us and left LOL. Not even enough moisture to water the plants so I was out there in the dark (after it finally passed over) with a garden hose. Kinda good that I had to though because our pond toad had somehow made his way into the back yard and our puppy was trying to catch him.

Moni

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!