Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #11
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: From now I'll be typing in this colour whilst in character

[ 01-19-2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #12
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

OK, if it's not too late, I'm in.

Name: Jaggaer Haggert
Class: Arch-Battlemage (In training)

Stats:

Strength - 7
Speed - 5
Agility - 7
Social - 1 (OOC: Kind of like me)
Senses - 5

OOC: Sorry the description is so long. It would have been shorter but once I start writing anything story-like, I have a tendency to keep writing until I'm satisfied (see: Ruined and Ruiner)

A warrior from a clan of stealth hunters on an Island far far away, Jaggaer was abducted by a sorceror named Soline (pronounced Sahleen) and teleported to a floating city, a place which he thought he could never escape. Jaggaer being one of the most talented in his clan, was wanted by the mages. They wanted to make him into a great magic wielder for their own vile purposes. They tought him to use the magic winds and harness it's power for several years, Jaggaer had other thoughts. He used the new skills they gave him to enhance his ability as a warrior. In secret he would practice the art of the long blade, using his magic to enchant his ansestral sword with the powers of the elements and the swiftness of the birds. He warped the self-fortification spells they tought him to allow himself to be more aware of his surroundings, and to make himself temporarily more speedy and strong. These spells, although deadly, had several negative side-affects, mostly loss of power, mana, and will to live. It became difficult to withstand his urge to escape so he may perfect this new art he had begun to create. One day, many years after his abduction, he used his spell at full power to sneak upon his kidnapper. His magic was succesful enough that he managed to remain undetected for several minutes. That mage could not even feel the magic emanating from Jaggaer. Jaggaer swiftly killed the sorcerer and immediately summonned the magic winds that escaped the corpse as a strong wind which he used to glide out of the city to the ground, when those side-affects kicked in. He passed out, losing control of his flight and when he awoke, he was on this strange island. The fall had dulled his skills so he must now practice, but first he had to find civilization. He then had to find his way back home to the clan, and teach them the art of the Battlemage. Just before his journey started, he could feel a slight psychic feeling. He did not practice this kind of magic much for it did not seem sporty for him to learn how to know his enemy's thoughts before they attacked, that would make a good fight far to easy. Though he still had enough psychic senses to realize someone, somewhere was looking for him. That's all he could find, he knew not whom, nor even where the stalker was-if he or she was even on the same side of the world. All he kneew was that he had to be cautios from this point on...
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #13
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nessun

"What do you take me for, theiving scum like yourself? I'll have no part of this!" Nessun drew his knife, charged towards Blunderbuss, grabbing him by the collar, and raised the knife into the air. He stopped, realising that killing blunderbuss would acheive nothing. Nessun dropped his knife to the floor, pushed blunderbuss away, and strode off into the bustle of everyday street life.

[ 01-21-2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
TheGodThatFailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #14
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: Great, another character! You're character description may have been long but it leaves plenty of room for storyline oppertunities.

Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss watched as Nessun strolled away, adamant to his decision.

"Keal, I still await your decision. There is one thing I forgot to mention; I am not alone in this operation; there is another. Meet Jaggaer Haggert."

Blunderbuss whistled long and loud unlike any other whistle, and within moments, before him stood Jaggaer.

"He is powerful, and only awaits the money, so that he may leave this island to hone his powers elsewhere. Hence, he has joined with me. We split the shares. Don't make the mistake Nessun made, and go against us, for in time Nessun will realise his mistake and he will be punished else he will return and join us, for none may no about the planned robbery."

[ 01-20-2005, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]
Old 01-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #15
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nessun

Nessun wandered through the streets, the encounter with blunderbuss still on his mind. If knew that if he had killed the theif, he could have prevented a robbery, but that would have been murder. If he went to the guard, he would feel weak. There was only one thing he could do, trace blunderbuss, and prevent the robbery, although how he was going to acheive this without spilling anyone's blood, he didn't know. This gave him chance to talk up the role of a ranger. He knew he would have to find information on when the robbery was to be, and he'd need a spy, he couldn't confront blunderbuss himself. He needed to know of blunderbuss' friends, places he regularly went. If he had freinds who could be bent by coin, or where he could get a spy. First stop to find information, was the local inn. Nessun set out on his new quest.

[ 01-21-2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 01-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #16
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Jaggaer follows Blunderbuss to the town, thinking that he'd simply quickly enhance his stealth, help the thief finsh his job, take his share of the money and use it to get out. He keeps thinking along the way how fortunate he was to come across this bandit, and if he did the right thing by allowing himself to be a thief. But in the end all would work out. That feeling of being followed could not be shaken off, someone wanted him. He thinks for hours about his adventure in the floating city and when Blunderbuss asks him what's wrong, Jaggaer decides to admit his feeling. No good could possibly some of being followed and perhaps Blunderbuss, who seems to be quite attunned to his surroundings, can track this stalker. "We-er, I am being followed. I can feel it. You should be afraid, whoever it is may want to come after you as well." The short speech seemed to be enough to get the point across. There was a moment of silence.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #17
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nessun

Nessun approached the local tavern, hoping for information. Taverns were dangerous places, not for the 'posh' or 'upper-class' or 'law abiding' people, and as Nessun entered, everything went silent, and everyone turned to look at him. Nessun stood in the doorway, clearly scared. There was tota lsilence, except for the ocasional putting-down of tankards, and someone giving an impatient cough. Nessun spoke: "I am seeking someone with a close connection with Blunderbuss. I offer coin, for the information i seek would involve betrayal of trust. Anyone willing to help?"

[ 01-21-2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 PM   #18
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

No matter how hard he tried, Jaggaer couldn't shake off that being watched feeling. The sense was driving him mad, he had to find out what was going on. In a desperate attempt, he pulled out his ancestral sword and made quick use of it, cutting down several bushes and even a couple of trees around him hoping to find his stalker. All he succeeded in doing was alarm his travelling cohort. He put away the blade and continued on, not saying a word.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 PM   #19
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: Where's Keal. We need him to advance the story.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:26 AM   #20
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

OOC: So, is this just another dead thread?