Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-14-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
boowinstheday
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,

I've read loads about the merchants in Ust Natha (hope I spelt correctly). I've already completed the game once, but I don't remember coming across any merchants there.

Can anyone tell me where they're supposed to be (I have visited almost every place - male/female fighting societies, temple, tavern, lich's house, house of jaerrat-smtg)?

Also, what good stuff can be bought there that is superior to the stuff in Athkatla?

Many thanks.
Old 09-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
They're standing on the first platform you come to - the one with the guy in the tank and the platform you meet Solafein etc on. There's a weapon seller, a potion seller, and a magic seller. They have some good stuff.

Btw Welcome to the board
Old 09-14-2001, 05:20 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah mate! Be sure to visit the General Discussions for the Newbie thread!! (here's is the link to that).. Feel free to ask any questions, and we will answer whenever we can!!! By the way: do remember that all Drow Equipment (as said in the loading screens) disintegrated when hit by sunlight. That means you can only use Drow Equipment in the Underdark.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-14-2001, 05:24 AM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

Spoilers
THe goods you buy from the merchants will not disintegrate, so go nuts. You can get the best shield in SoS (Sentinel +4), an amulet of magic resistance +10%, a rod for smiting golems, and some powerful potions/scrolls.

Instead of fueling the evil drow economy, don't buy STEAL!
Old 09-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Spoilers
THe goods you buy from the merchants will not disintegrate, so go nuts. You can get the best shield in SoS (Sentinel +4), an amulet of magic resistance +10%, a rod for smiting golems, and some powerful potions/scrolls.

Instead of fueling the evil drow economy, don't buy STEAL!
The bloke with Sentinel etc. is really hard to steal off though. Still, I suppose it's worth reloading until you get it....that shield is flippin expensive

Old 09-15-2001, 06:36 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

If you have a bag of holding, you can keep it inside the bag and sell
the stuff straight to the store out of the bag.

Let the Buyer beware.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:46 PM   #7
boowinstheday
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks so much for your welcome and advice, everyone!

This is really a great forum; lots of friendly and helpful pple around