Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

i have haerdalis and would like some info on his race:tiefling as much info as possible.... maybe it would explain some strange things like him being able to be specialized in short sword (but not in anything els) and him being able to use jan jansens flasher launcher (but not any other items of jan)
Old 04-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

tieflings are from another plane and therefore not part of the usual D&D world
Haer'Daelis stats are probably chosen in respect to game balance withonly some reference to the actual D&D rules. There are also some tieflings in ToB. You could look at their stats (and at the stats of Haer'Daelis friends) to find out more about tieflings
Old 04-28-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Tielfings are from Sigil(the setting of PS:T)AFAIK and i think in PS:T you can actually choose tiefling as your race [img]smile.gif[/img] ... anyway IIRC any character can use the flasher launcher but NOT the bruiser mates.. i dont remember....
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, I thought that Tielings were some sort of mix of a Demon and human or something. Think I've read that somewhere...
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Yeah I think it's in the manual about tieflings perhaps... I know that they have the blood of demons in them, and aren't especially from the Prime Material plane. I don't recall them having to be from Sigil though... they make people from the Prime Material nervous, according to the manuals...
Old 04-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Teiflings are "plane-touched" as the Planescape books put it. Some where in their ancestry there is blood of an outerplanar creature, such as demons, devils (the most common types) as well as night hags, their upper planar equivalents are called Aasimar, while Cambions are fully 1/2 Tanar'ri and 1/2 human, a tiefling has more human in them.

you cannot choose to be a tiefling int PlaneScape:Torment, but you do pick up Annah, A tiefling with a tail (she's a fighter/thief).

Tieflings are usually human-looking in appearance, but no two look alike, some of the featurs that distinguish them from normal humans are small horns, scales, pointed ears, clawlike fingers, a cloven hoof, a tail- ratlike, horselike, or lizardlie in appearance, or just a wicked gleam in their eye that never leaves. What they all have in common is a quick temper and a chip on their shoulder.

Often they're confused with alu-fiends, erinyes, incubi, and succubi(which they'll forgive), but never call a tiefling halfbreed or bastard, he'll take it personally. Plane-touched is the word, or sir or lady.

[ 04-28-2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 04-28-2002, 10:17 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakkon Darkblade:
Yeah I think it's in the manual about tieflings perhaps... I know that they have the blood of demons in them, and aren't especially from the Prime Material plane. I don't recall them having to be from Sigil though... they make people from the Prime Material nervous, according to the manuals...
not all tieflings have the blood of demons in them.... only haerdalis does...

and only jan jansen is supposed to use the flasher launcher... thats what is written in item description... but haerdalis can use it too...
Old 04-29-2002, 08:12 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For the record, Haer'Dalis asks you if "you have business with this Doomguard-born?" and one of his battle cries is "For the Doomguard, I strike a blow!"

Those Doomguards seemed more Undead than Demonic to me.....either way, I can't image any sexual union producing viable offspring.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:02 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
not all tieflings have the blood of demons in them.... only haerdalis does...
Yes, all Thiefling have the blood of Demon, they are the Offspring of Human and Demon, from the 2nd edition D&D Planescape Campain Setting, or the Third Edition D&D Manual of the Planes.

Quote:
Those Doomguards seemed more Undead than Demonic to me.....either way, I can't image any sexual union producing viable offspring.
Doomguard are a political faction in Sigil, and they have nothing to do with undead.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:12 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well as peeps said, they have demon blood, and look Human in appearance... too bad when they get turned on, they heat up soo bad.. ask Annah [img]smile.gif[/img]

They from another plane, as they said it in the manual I think, they are prime material plane material... they are somewhere else, Torment setting [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote