Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-29-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1st off how do you get the treant seeds off Aokenmir(the living tree) he lives north-east-north of anephashrine(temple of Isis)

2nd how do you get rid of bloodthirst? one of my warriors is dying from it and I can find a way to fix it.

3rd do you have to do anything alse with talrik's treasure after you've got it?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:34 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good questions...

1. You can only get one seed off of Oakenmir, and to do that, you'd better pickpocket him. It took me hundreds of chances before I succeeded... and if you kill him, you only get one chance.

If you anger him and he calls for backups, you might get seeds off of them. Same pickpocket rule applies.

And if you want to bypass the whole thing, there are a number of treants over in the desert on the other side of Anephas' shrine. You just have to get there...

2. Bloodthirst, eh? You need to bite someone... and not play around with girls you don't know so well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Check... Loumistro's post toward the tail end of the Best Tips thread on how to play the game as a vampire. 'Cause you is one...

3. Nope. Talrik's treasure doesn't do anything else for you. And by this point in the game, it doesn't do much for you anyway.

Good luck!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:08 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

G'day eternal mat,
So you became a vampire & didn't know it? That's a classic. Visit the Boogre bar thats a story worth telling.
I don't think it is ethical to kill Oakenmir. Tree surf to the area that the pyrimid is in & kill some evil treants.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:02 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Judging from your post you are already in the Lost Sea area (if you have already retrieved Talrik’s treasure) without having completed the living tree seed quest. If that is so you have forfeit your chance to complete the magical aegis quest (they have been put in the wrong order by the programmers as stated by Sazerac in his post in the best tips thread on the guild quests).

If you have become a vampire only the toughen spell helps if you are about to die – and only as a temporary measure. To alleviate the bloodthirst problem you have to equip an item with the ”regeneration” property. The vampire ring has this, but that only works in the patched version of the game. Otherwise you will have to enchant/bless an item with regeneration and wear it.

[ 01-30-2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-30-2004, 05:12 PM   #5
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok,

1. I'm only level one pickpocket and I can't tree surf to go to where the other seeds are(could someone tell me the exact spot?)
here's the URL for the picture that I made.
Its the western gate, I can't get over the dark brown part of the gate.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...ckdoorcopy.jpg

2. bsftcs, your right. I am over in the lost sea erea. and I do have to patched version of the game, wheres the vampire ring?

3.can I change into a vampire?...who can I bite and how?

thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1. Upon leaving the port towards the Enchanted Sea, turn around, face the door back to town, look up, run and juuuuuuuuuump . Then turn to your right and start going in the same direction (due west) over the trees. If you've already gotten to the Lost Sea, then just go back there and look for a broken cart on one of the little isles. Next to the entrance to that isle containing the broken cart is another entrance. Take that, fight the Hydra, and then roam the desert for the trees.

2. IIRC (if I remember correctly), it was back in Skull Castle.

3. You can't change anyone into a vampire. However, attalking someone else at close range will refill your health.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

1. Sazerac has detailed where exactly to tree surf in his post on the living tree seed quest on Page two of the best tips thread. Xignal has in details described HOW to tree surf here. If you are in the Lost Sea area (the place with Collasium) and you have not either tree surfed or vanished then you must have gone through Anephas's Shrine. In that case there is no need for you to tree surf since you ARE already IN the the Lost Sea area.

2. The ring is, as Mr. Lord has explained, in Skull Castle. When delivering the scroll of banishment to Adrianna she will offer you either the ring or a key. The key often does not work due to a bug, and even when it does work it is perfectly superfluous due to the fact that you can always pick the lock in the wizard's study (for which the key is meant) although it does require level 12 lockpicking. Therefore you should choose/have chosen the ring.

3. You cannot CHANGE into a vampire - you ARE a vampire. (And you cannot change anyone else for that matter). When you kill red-blooded monsters (monsters that bleed red gore when struck instead of yellow or something else), and the kill is not made with a ranged weapon or spell your hit points will be replenished. Examples of red-blooded monsters: human figures (like highland raiders, etc.) and normal animals (worgurs, crabs, etc.). Examples of non-redblooded monsters: undeads (wights, skeletons, ghouls, etc.). That is the only way you can heal when you are a vampire. No spells or potions will do the trick.

As a vampire you have improved night vision and are extremely agile during the night time. During the day you get slower. There is no cure for vampirism.

[ 01-30-2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-31-2004, 03:00 AM   #8
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok...so...

the vampire ring is in thingo's study room?
I gave adrianna the scroll of banishing but i saved it when we were talking and when i loaded it again she said "ahh, you have returned" or wat ever then i killed them all.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

No. The ring is on Adrianna's body. However, it is one of those quest items that will only materialize once you have completed the quest - (in this case given the scroll to Adrianna and chosen the ring as your gift). Since it will only materialize once that is done it means that she will not drop the ring once she has been killed prematurely. The ring will simply not have materialized yet in that case.

You should perhaps consider going back to that saved game if it is not too much trouble. The ring is worth it when you are a vampire. You can always kill the vampires afterwards (in fact they will attack you anyway).

Also: Unless you became a vampire back in Shurugeon Castle (at Lysandra's place) you can choose not to be a vampire at all by declining Adrianna's offer (the power of the Succubi). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just to recapitulate the sequence of events is as follows:

1. You meet Adrianna when exploring the castle. She charges you with the task of retrieving the Scroll of Banishing. If you return to her without it the vampires will attack you.

2. You retrieve the scroll and bring it to her.

3. She thanks you and offers you the "power of the Succubi". I.e. the opportunity to become a vampire.

4. She then offers you a choice of either the key to the study or the ring. As explained above the key is next to useless.

5. Adrianna will then perform a ceremony in which she tries to use the scroll. It fails and the vampires start attacking her. At this point you are free to kill them all.

I hope you find this useful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-31-2004, 05:43 PM   #10
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well my last saved game before i gave adrianna the scroll would of been way back before I did shurugeon castle... if I started the game again(reset adventure) would that get rid of the bloodthirst off my player?

if I go back to that saved game I wont have all my spells that I have now.

...i'll just keep going on with the game and go kill some high xp'd monsters then reset it and do it again...

thanks