Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 09:27 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Okay, for my future party, is this good.
StoneRock-Cleric
Keldorn-Inquistor Paladin
Valygar-Stalker Ranger
Jaheria-Fighter/Druid
Nalia-Thief dualed to mage
Imoen-Thief dualed to mage
And where do you get the ring of holiness. I heard you get it for doing a temple quest, aka, sir sarles ore and such. please help, cuz i never actually got it.
Also, I'm not going to forge Crom Faeyr for this game. My cleric uses hammers, but he already has fire giant strength(22). So I intend to use those str girdles on my guys like this
Keldorn-Frost Giant Str
Valygar-Stone Giant Str
Jaheria-Hill Giant Str
Who should get gauntlets of ogre power? Please give me your opionion on this. THanks.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:35 AM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ok, I think you're a bit short on the theiving end. I would get Jan as your theif and drop either Nalia or imoen, or Jaheira. If your main character is a cleric, you probably don't need Jaheira, and Keldorn and Valygar will do as tanks, in most situations.
So I would keep:

Keldorn(front)
valygar(front)
you(cleric)
Jan-theiving, and mage
Imoen/Nalia/Jaheira(pick 2)

Good Luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2001, 12:11 PM   #3
samoza
The Magister

Seems good to me, apart from your clerics name, StoneRock??? lol
Old 11-18-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

StoneRock is a dwarf, and lets just say, me and my friends made funny inside jokes bout him. Oh god, we do need another dnd campaign. THe last one we did was mine, "The Legend of the Power Potion" anyways, thanks, I'll do that. It really didn't occur to me. I'll have Keldorn, Valygar, StoneRock, Jan, Jaheria, Imoen. Thanks Lioness!
Old 11-18-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

I may be in the minority on this. but I've always found Imeon to be a more than capable enough thief for my needs.

Of course, I only really care that my thieves can find/remove traps and open locks.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:22 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

AFAIK, the Ring of Holiness can only be found in Baldur's Gate 1.
Someone correct me if I missed something though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I didn't get it in the Sir Sarles quest in any case.
BTW, good choice, a cleric for your PC. I just completed TOB today for the first time with my Cleric Of Lathander and she was a very good character. I love clerics, especially their Turn Undead ability at high levels and the fact that they can cast spells while still wearing fullplate. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2001, 08:38 PM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

You are supposed to get the Ring of Holiness as a reward for completing the Sir Sarles quest. (According the book I'm reading.)
Maybe it's the reward if your a cleric or a druid, not sure. I can remember getting it before.

Regarding your gauntlets, give them to one of your thieves. (Always handy for the backstabs.)

(If you want it ...CLUA code... ring22)