Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2001, 05:20 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, my Necromancer is in ToB now, I have completed SoA.

Since I have never had tried the evil way to do the trials, this was a chance for me to compare the rewards.

Starting anti-clockwise, from the left, the rewards are as follows,

Sarevok, Trial of Wrath-

I'm good! I get +1 to WIS and CHA!
I'm evil! I get +2 to STR!
--------

Trapped Genie, Trial of Greed-

I'm good! I get +2 to my saving throws!
I'm evil! I get +15 to my Hp and gain the item, Blackrazor!
--------

Trial of Selfishness-

I'm good! I get -2 to Hp, -1 to DEX and +10% to my Magic Resistance!
I'm evil! I get +2 to my AC!
--------

Beholders, Trial of Fear-

I'm good! I gain immunity to +1 weapons and less.
I'm evil! I gain +2 to CON and gain the item, Nymph Cloak( grants immunity to Fear).
--------

Black Dragon, Trial of Pride-

I'm good! I gain +20% to Fire, Cold and Electrical Resistance!
I'm evil! I gain +200,000 Xp and the items, Ring of Protection +2 and Robe of Evil Magi.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-14-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 05:40 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I've always wondered how being evil would affect your rewards. How does doing one evil thing affect your alignment

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-14-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I think if you even do one evil
thing you get turned evil, not
a good idea for a Paladin, Druid
or other specially aligned class.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:29 AM   #4
mitsos

And if you're neutral?

Old 10-14-2001, 09:46 AM   #5
dulouz
Manshoon

Errrmm. Poop.

How do you do The Good Thing in the Black Dragon Trial of Pride? I forget now... is the the tear for that one not on the dragons body? So do you just not fight the dragon?

crap, i thought it was just how you answered the questions to the demon Pride for that one. Now i think i understand why my alignment got messed. And i would much rather have had that 20% resistance. I'm too far into ToB now to go back...

Side Note:

I had a romance with Airie in SoA. However, the romance continued in ToB regaurdless of my change of alignment. I didn't even notice my alignment had changed until a few hours after her and I, um... erm... continued the romance
Old 10-14-2001, 10:06 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dulouz:
Errrmm. Poop.
How do you do The Good Thing in the Black Dragon Trial of Pride? I forget now... is the the tear for that one not on the dragons body? So do you just not fight the dragon?
crap, i thought it was just how you answered the questions to the demon Pride for that one. Now i think i understand why my alignment got messed. And i would much rather have had that 20% resistance. I'm too far into ToB now to go back...
Side Note:
I had a romance with Airie in SoA. However, the romance continued in ToB regaurdless of my change of alignment. I didn't even notice my alignment had changed until a few hours after her and I, um... erm... continued the romance
Heh heh... you fell to your pride eh? Many tend to do.

Keep asking the demon what is the creature he is asking you to fight, then ask him why you have to fight it. Then tell him you do not kill those who just stands in your way.

The Demon will respond with the following quote, one of my favourites in the game.

"Humility serves well, those who wield it well."