Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
sam miller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i got the script compiler but dont know how to use it. anyone know a good place to find what im lookin for?
sam miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Khanar
Manshoon

Did you read the ScriptCompiler.doc? It should help you and it comes with the compiler.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:35 PM   #3
sam miller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well that didnt seem to help much since no document was attached to the compiler dl. other sources have told me that theres a language to go along with it and that i would be able to find it on the internet. is this a wak informant? and i still dont know how to change or alter or write or whatever you do to compile scripts. any information on the subject would be greatly apretiated. thanks in advance

sam miller
Old 04-07-2001, 05:29 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

WAK informant? well i'm sorry you don't know how to use a search engine..but if it's a spoon feeding that you need, open wide.. there's a 120kb word document

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd...files/patches/

looks kinda obvious, huh?

you'll have to figure out the process of compiling on your own cuz there are no real instructions... but you don't need to know anything about programming to figure it out.. just look at the pictures and try to use deductive resoning
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:00 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
WAK informant? well i'm sorry you don't know how to use a search engine..but if it's a spoon feeding that you need, open wide.. there's a 120kb word document

looks kinda obvious, huh?

Yes, some of the answers to questions can be obvious, but there's no reason to belittle people.

"The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked." Your teachers probably told you this. As a teacher, I wholly endorse this philosophy.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:29 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

well, i only have a 9 for Charisma... and since i work in tech support, i tend to assume that everyone online under the age of 23 knows what they're doing, or is from Arkansas and can't be helped.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:17 PM   #7
sam miller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok ass, there was and still wont be any type or form of document when i re-re-install it. so thanks for the lip. but if anyone who has any possitive info, i would apreciate it. thanks in advance
Old 04-10-2001, 08:33 PM   #8
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

listen jerk-wad, i apologize if your pride has been wounded.. but i can't help the gaping head wounds you call eyes.. you'll just have to look at that link that i spoon fed to you until you SEE the download for the word document that explains the whole freakin language to you...
if you're bee-otching about how to actually compile the source to script; just try using the compiler, look at what it says when it compiles.. with a little brain power (i realize this may be asking alot) you might deduce a way to compile your own script (ie, copy your source to the..... source folder)

[This message has been edited by Leafy (edited 04-10-2001).]
Old 04-11-2001, 08:57 AM   #9
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by sam miller:
ok a**, there was and still wont be any type or form of document when i re-re-install it. so thanks for the lip. but if anyone who has any possitive info, i would apreciate it. thanks in advance
I don't know why you are egging him on. He basically apologized in his last post after I had brought to his attention that he had been a little rude.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
well, i only have a 9 for Charisma... and since i work in tech support, i tend to assume that everyone online under the age of 23 knows what they're doing
Don't take this discussion to a lower level. It's not worth it.

And you Leafy,

Quote:
Originally quoted by Leafy:
listen jerk-wad, i apologize if your pride has been wounded.. but i can't help the gaping head wounds you call eyes.. you'll just have to look at that link that i spoon fed to you until you SEE the download for the word document that explains the whole freakin language to you...
You don't need to get yourself in trouble over this either.

If I were you two, I'd stop flaming each other before you get sanctioned with consequences. There are many other wonderful people on this board who enjoy engaging in civil conversation. I suggest you try to reply to those threads and/or wait for those people to respond.

"An angry ant is still only an ant." -- Father Bronze

------------------
Old 04-11-2001, 09:07 AM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Sam,

Leafy tried to direct you to the word document you needed. This link will download the word file directly . You shouldn't need to search the pages for anything.

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?file=50836

I found the file by following Leafy's link and then scrolling down on the page to find the section discussing the script compiler. Where most websites post their links in blue, this website posts their links in cream.

Reding the word file will give you lots of information. However, script writing is not very easy.

I assume that you are trying to write new attack and defense scripts for the PC's. You can do this, but you really need to read through the information in the word document thoroughly. You can really mess up your game if you get the wrong script. Not to discourage you, but you might want to try to find some scripts that others have already written.

Good luck.

------------------